Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The EASY Way
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During Tech today, my technician mentioned that it might be illegal to have a device such as the EDFC that allows me to remotely adjust shock dampening from the driver's seat. He seemed to think that it would be illegal only if I made adjustments during a run, which I wouldn't think of doing at all. Does anyone have ideas as to this sort of rule?

:beerchug:

·
BIG POPPA®
4,248 Posts
From my understanding, as long as its not adjustable on the fly. Meaning if the control panel were in the hatch, you'd be fine. Its no different than manual adjustment. I could easily be wrong though. :laughing:

Many OEM cars have adjustment on the fly now, so we'll see where this rule goes. Who's going to adjust during a 40 second run???

I mean, a person with EDFC is going to do the exact same thing a person without it does. They are going to park, then adjust it based on their last run....no difference.

·
Banned
7,769 Posts
I know its illegal up and through the SP classes. So that leaves SM and Prepared classes.

·
The EASY Way
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've decided I'm going to disconnect the unit during runs just to completely eliminate the possibility of me changing my dampening settings during them. The unit boots up fast enough that I should be able to reconnect between runs and adjust if necessary.

I figure these nitty-gritty details won't bother the officials as long as my times suck! :laughing:

CALIFORNIA CRSXers UNITE AT CALIFORNIA SPEEDWAY THIS WEEKEND!!!!

Paul

:beerchug:

·
BIG POPPA®
4,248 Posts
My club isn't associated with the SCCA, but we abide by their rules.....usually :laughing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts