·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Na no EDFC its just the coilovers alone. Well so far its one to one hahaha

·
replica parts ftl
1,765 Posts
if your looking for comfort, get the flex. personally i hate tein, imo the only product worth buying from them is the src damper. though ive heard some decent reviews about the mono flex. i vote hipermax.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if your looking for comfort, get the flex. personally i hate tein, imo the only product worth buying from them is the src damper. though ive heard some decent reviews about the mono flex. i vote hipermax.
Hmm I figured the HyperMax Rs would be more comfort then the flex

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
your on crack......you should try searching before you post shit.

Hmm I figured the HyperMax Rs would be more comfort then the flex
I agree with what you are saying, I have tein type flex and I like them, I have them set soft right now but they are a good coilover...the down side is that they are only one way adjustable so compression and rebound will always be on the same settings. heres a list of coilovers spring rates for you to help you choose...but I vote flex.....but I haven't had the other ones so you might want to wait and see what some other owners have to say. http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=278381&highlight=spring+rate+chart

·
广州本田
250 Posts
Agreed, the mono flex is pretty good shit, but with the price it drives people away. I have not heard too much much about the HKS tho. To the OP, what are your needs? what are going to do with the car? if you are going to DD it, then you are just wasting your money.

Personally if you want a good prebuilt coilover setup look at the BuddyClubs and the KWs.

·
Registered
14,880 Posts
i just bought tein flexs.. but have heard some guys love the cheaper set ups like GC on konis

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agreed, the mono flex is pretty good shit, but with the price it drives people away. I have not heard too much much about the HKS tho. To the OP, what are your needs? what are going to do with the car? if you are going to DD it, then you are just wasting your money.

Personally if you want a good prebuilt coilover setup look at the BuddyClubs and the KWs.
Yups my car is gona be a Daily Driver and is a Daily Driver. Lets say I got some SE37K's and I don't want lowering springs. hahaha So thats why I'm going with a coilover setup, but from what I've heard so far is that the Flex are all around better than the HyperMax RS.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So far its 3-2 in favor of the Tein Flex damper.

Ok now the plot thickens say I could get the flex for 850 bucks and the HyperMax RS for 600 bucks which one would you choose? With each having the same amount of milage around 20K.

·
广州本田
250 Posts
well if u are getting them used than that a different story, then i would choose the teins because you can get them rebuilt here if you ever need to. Just make sure that the dampers is not blown before you pick them up.

·
K24 > K20
4,605 Posts
heat up your springs until they sag to your desired height, best ride quality you can get from ANY set-up, and its very cheap to do.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I guess by popular Vote Teins it is hahaha. Hey thanks guys.

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
Close eyes and point.

Seriously though this is a street car, and as such you should probably be aiming for around 1.8-2.2Hz as far as suspensions frequency (Stiffer then stock but not unnecessarily so.)

THe HKS setup will give you about 1.8 on the nose and about 1.9 to 2 Hz on the rear, where as the Flex gives you between 2.6 and 2.7 Hz on the nose and around 2.3-2.4 on the rear....

Which do you think will make for a "better" street setup?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Take in mind that I will be putting on 18 inch Se37k's so would raise it up a bit.

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
what zzyzx said has nothing to do with what you just said...
lol oh no numbers......your wheels don't matter you can raise and lower your suspension as you like, he is talking about how stiff your springs are going to be.....the teins are going to be stiffer then the HKS and a little harsher to ride on.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
lol oh no numbers......your wheels don't matter you can raise and lower your suspension as you like, he is talking about how stiff your springs are going to be.....the teins are going to be stiffer then the HKS and a little harsher to ride on.
Yea, I think for a street setup HKS would be better. My friend had hypermax on this EVO. That thing takes speed bumps pretty darn good, TEIN is known to give a harsh ride. I vote HKS! But keep in mind the hks hypermax RS does not come with rear upper mount,(unless the seller is including them with it) so you need to use your stock one. It is not something too hard to swap but just want to give you a heads up. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts