Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone heard anything about this? it gives a 1.1" drop front and .8" drop rear, and is made of "vanadium". Does anyone have these? do they sag and how well do they work with stock shocks? thanks.

·
lower IS better
413 Posts
I just noticed those today... I'm looking for a mild drop, driven daily in PA, so nothing major just a little stiffer suspension... i plan on puttin 17"s on so springs would be to close the wheel gap back to stock look or a lil' lower. i was looking @ the Eibach pro kit, but the fact that the rear drop is more than the front just doesn't make sense to me, i've been reading about springs for a mo. now, and everyone says it's level w/ them, but i :dontknow:. the Tein H's have been moved up to the top of the list, but what's w/ the ugly gold color??? anyone have these?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi, I dunno but it's not like the S-Tech green color is any better, with my silver teg I don't think I'd want green on there, too bright.

They're supposed to be lighter weight than the S-Tech's and they're a milder drop, where the S-Tech drop more.

I had the S-Tech's on my 03' Civic and they were the perfect height when I put them on but after 6 months and they settled in, they dropped a little.

So I'm going with the H-Tech's so when they do settle in, they'lll be the origanal height of the S-Tech's.

I plan on getting the 17' JDM rims, and I don't want wheel gap, but I like the handeling during turns with a lower car, even if it's only a little.

·
Z Driver
4,228 Posts
DC5 Girl said:
Hi, I dunno but it's not like the S-Tech green color is any better, with my silver teg I don't think I'd want green on there, too bright.
Somehow I kinda doubt you'll be able to see the color of the springs past your rims/gap once you get the 17s on there. Once a little mud or dirt gets on them, they definately won't exactly draw people's attention away from the better parts of the car.

Oh and we feed my cat Science Diet at home DC5Girl :spin:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yea well, I still don't like the green on the S-Tech's, more than I dislike the H-Tech Gold...:)

Glad you feed your pal Science Diet and not Iams... :thumbsup: My 3 eat Pro Plan.

·
Registered
296 Posts
You suck...:)

Where'd you get your rims, are they white or silver, I want the silver ones to match my car....I want them bad.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tein S Springs

My Car drop by an uneven Amount after Installing the springs-> Rt rear >Lt rear but my Mechanic says tat is common. Isit True???

·
lower IS better
413 Posts
The answer you've been waiting for... I got the H-tech's and put them on last friday (i will post pics) 1st time install - took my friend and i about 4.5 hrs. between pizza and beer. NOTE: air tools are a must. The front wheel gap is less than the rear, but the car itself seems level... it's just the drop i was looking for. kept the factory shocks - i think they will last. The ride is nearly stock, i drove from lancaster, PA to D.C. saturday and only a few cringes over the course of the trip. handling is def. imporved, but nothing dramatic, added a few mph to some of the winding turns i drive ea. day. any other ?'s just ask. oh... the gold color isn't that bad... not that noticable.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
^ Yes, please post pics. I bought the H Tech springs about 6 months ago, but never installed them. And I've been trying to sell it since last month, but nobody took it, so I just decided to keep it.... no choice really.

·
lower IS better
413 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Thanks! The drop looks good. Exactly the kind of drop I'm looking for. I guess it's a good thing I wasn't able to sell it. Are you planning on getting shocks?

·
lower IS better
413 Posts
i made the pics smaller... the full shot isn't very good, sun is on the wrong side of the car, i'll take more @ some point. i do not plan to get shocks unless the stocks blow.

·
lower IS better
413 Posts
oh ... ya, who/what exactly makes a post "hot"? --> the red envelope in the thread listings. (the moderator?)

·
Registered
337 Posts
The mild drop looks perfect. Since the drop is not the same, does the rear sit higher now (hopefully not like a Neon)? So those pictures are taken before the spring fully settled, right? You think it will go a little bit lower once the springs settled?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts