Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I have a set of 18x8 + 35 rims, I have them on the car but need dropped literally like a half more of an inch in front and the rear. I have tein s techs. Other then buying coilovers or cutting the spring is there anything I can do so that I can get a little more of a drop? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Nope. You may be able to cut a dead coil off the S Techs, but I would call tein to confirm. Your shocks are going to go to shit though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah maybe coilovers I have 18 by 8 with a 35 offset I just want it tucked a little more. I have a 2 finger gap I want it flush and I run 225 40

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
No, I don't suggest it for someone who doesn't know what they are doing. I wouldn't even do it. If too much heat is induced, then you can ruin the spring. Seems like a dremel is the best bet. But make no mistake, I am not suggesting you do this. I am only saying that cutting dead coils has very little effect on changing spring rate. It can cause other problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLT722_BJKA

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After watching that I would Prob be better off with junk2 springs or Megan for a better drop over the tien. I am not going to cut off a coil. Don't worry lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts