Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the other threads with comparing the prokits with different springs. What about in comparison to Tein's S-Tech springs?

How's sag, ride quality, stiffness, stock shock durability with e S-Techs when compared to the Pro Kits?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
My Tein's are coilbound and are starting to rust due to the fact that they hit eachother so much the powdercoating has come off... Car feels like shiet, getting Hayame coilovers as soon as I can afford them :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
I love my Tein S. Techs. It doesn't give the car to hard of a ride and it lowers it just the right distance. I recomend them.

·
Representin' DC5AB.COM
433 Posts
I've had my pro-kit for over 2 years now and I have no complaints...ride quality is great and the drop is just right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i don't know if you've ruled out Progress, but my friend has Progress on his type-s and it rides well. doesn't sag and sits at a nice height. (in my opinion)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Has anyone else had to swap out their stock shocks? I'm not having any problems but I'm trying to plan on when to switch to coilovers. I want to get as much out of them as possible.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
i have tein stiechs the ride is good and the hadling is great. i just swapped to konis. so far i only installed the rears the the ride is already better than stock.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
crazyk20 said:
Has anyone else had to swap out their stock shocks? I'm not having any problems but I'm trying to plan on when to switch to coilovers. I want to get as much out of them as possible.
I have the pro-kit, and I love them! I autocross with them and they feel great.

I have been wondering the same thing about my shocks as well. I was told that you shouldnt go more than 10,000 miles on the stock shocks once you have lowered the car. I am looking into different companies, but probably ruled out koni yellows.

·
KUSH MASTER
510 Posts
If I was you I would listen to strider and go with the sportlines, the drop is like 1.8 inch. I have sportline for a year now and really like the ride quality.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
My Tein S-Techs are great. I can disagree with the people who say the ride quality is equal to or better than stock though. These winter months produced some mean potholes and man the ride is rough. I remember last winter (equally as bad) when I had stock springs where ride was definitely smoother than it is now. Not to say it's unbearable or anything, but it is very noticeable.

Other than that, you can feel the road better and handling is more predictable. Less body roll and is a perfect drop. Not much of a gap and not tucked looking either. At first, I thought the front dropped too much relative to the rear, but the rear settled rather equally now. Good stuff :thumbsup:

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
The car will look dropped if you cut a coil off the pro kit :laughing: It's lower in the back, but it still looks cool...lotsa negative camber in the rear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts