Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just put tein s techs on my 05 type s...

the driver side is about half inch to a inch lower then my passenger side... front & back... any ideas?

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
how long have they been on, springs take time to settle.

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
also what year springs did you get for your 05? 02 to 04 don't work on 05-06

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i put 02-04 struts & springs on my 05... they are used from a friend...

i was told if i change the whole struts & springs it will work wich it did fit and it drive great.... just passenger side is a little higher then the driver side

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
yeah if you swap out the struts and spings your fine, make sure they are seeded correctly and that your tire pressure is the same on both sides.

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
also ride hight is measured from the middle of the wheel to the fender edge.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tire pressure is fine... checked that... the springs shoudl be seated fine.... passenger side is about a half inch heigher in front then driver side

and the passenger side rear is like 1 inch heigher then the rear in the driver side

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
This may sounds dumb, but are you on totally level ground? Also, is there anything heavy on one side? i.e. Sub-box, the old springs, a great big fat person in the seat? Also, maybe you got one of the front and rear springs reversed? Beyond that, I have no freakin' clue.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
springs are on rite... front springs are huge and rear are small....

tried the sub box idea didnt work... also the front is heigher on the passenger side as well

im at a loss here... its a noticeable difference though...

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
Sounds like you're gonna have to add some ballast to the passenger side. Maybe since the springs were used they could be worn out on one side. Like maybe whoever had them first had a bunch of weight on one side of the car.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no idea lol.... but i'd have to put like 300 lbs on the passenger side just to get it to level out thats REDICULOUS

and thats only in the rear... wtf am i supposed 2 do bout tha front?

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
something’s not right, if I was you I would take them off and disassemble then and then reinstall... if you have the time and know how.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i allready did that... its wierd the car rides fine? could it be the alignment?

i havent got it aligned yet... was gonna do that tommorow

but today i installed and took them off dissasembled and reinstalled them 2 times

·
HONDA PACT
1,867 Posts
i had the exact same problem. i just said fuck it and maybe ill just settle more. week went by and not much difference. its been over a month now and its about 1/4" higher on my passenger side, but you really cant notice it unless you try to measure it with your fingers. i hardly drive my car to places with a passenger, i usually carpool if i ever go out so maybe thats why its taking longer to setting in on the other side.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
no idea lol.... but i'd have to put like 300 lbs on the passenger side just to get it to level out thats REDICULOUS

and thats only in the rear... wtf am i supposed 2 do bout tha front?
You're from the states right?

Find a fat gf.

Otherwise I seriously have no solution for this. I wonder why its like that.. Maybe your friend bought the fake Tein springs.

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
You're from the states right?

Find a fat gf.

Otherwise I seriously have no solution for this. I wonder why its like that.. Maybe your friend bought the fake Tein springs.
low blow Mark:rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
getting it aligned 2day... dunno maybe that will help lol...

even on flat ground... pass side rear is like 1 finger higher and the pass front is but half finger hiegher then driver side

1 - 20 of 26 Posts