Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought a used set of Tein from eBay.

tried to look up the product numbers online but nothing shows up.

On the spring: F-P1A22-OUO EJC

on the brown part: SPR01-010950

Yes i have tried Tein website and looked at all the applications nothing shows up, Yes i have googled it still nothing.... How can i make sure these springs are for my RSX

FAKE OR NOT??? PICS BELOW

·
UnDr PrShR
1,854 Posts
Bought a used set of Tein from eBay.

tried to look up the product numbers online but nothing shows up.

On the spring: F-P1A22-OUO EJC

on the brown part: SPR01-010950

Yes i have tried Tein website and looked at all the applications nothing shows up, Yes i have googled it still nothing.... How can i make sure these springs are for my RSX

You bought a pair of springs that you didn't even know fit your car?

What was the link to where you bought the springs from on ebay

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yeah i just looked at the counterfeit thing on there website and its still kinda hard to tell but I'm thinking more and more that these are fake here are some pics.. u tell me

here is teins website: http://www.tein.com/counterfeit/warning.html

here are the pics:

its hard to see but on the bottom on the brown part TEIN with a number is engraved in it.

I thought they cost more like 200-250 for a new set... i bought mine for around 120

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On the bottom on the brown part : TEIN SPR01-010950

I think there fake because there is no White TEIN logo in the middle like all the others so they probably took the sticker off...

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
fake

I am sorry, but the serial numbers give it away clearly, the serial number on real tein springs flow with the spring it self, yours are straight on

edit: Notify ebay and maybe they will refund you?

Also, another give away, the font on the serial number is bold, real tein's are normal and are not bold

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dammit man iv been having some real real bad luck with eBay. Last time i i wanted to buy a Nokia 6230i and they sent me a 6230 wish looks the same but is way different.

should i file a complaint with eBay, or paypal ?? do i have to pay for shipping? and are u positive these are fake....

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
Dammit man iv been having some real real bad luck with eBay. Last time i i wanted to buy a Nokia 6230i and they sent me a 6230 wish looks the same but is way different.

should i file a complaint with eBay, or paypal ?? do i have to pay for shipping? and are u positive these are fake....
file complaint with both ebay, and paypal

and I am 100% sure these are fake.

and try and have him pay for shipping

i never dealt with ebay so i dont know if youll pay for shipping or not

1 - 20 of 27 Posts