Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
shocks seem to be stuck on full soft, i think i will need to send them in for an overhaul, but i figured id make a thread to see if anyone has some insight

called tein...they said to take the adjustment knob off and check out the set screw and rod...seems like the rod that is supposed to adjust control the valve doesnt move up or down. like i said i think, the next step is an overhaul, but are there any other things i can try?

·
Registered
183 Posts
take the click assy. apart and use a allen wrench , remove set screw with allen wrench, now spray inside with wd40, put back together, there should be about 26-28 clicks, start with click setting fully clockwise, work yourself couterclock to lower setting. always adjust click setting down . high to low. if does not work, needs ovehaul. I used to work for tein. i overhauled a shit load , more than likely your click rod inside piston rod is rusted. if you live in snow cold area and had them a long time they need ovehauling.

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just got them cheap, but they are third hand

i opened it up and took the rod out, there was still some grease on the rod so i doubt it rusted, but i will definatly try some wd40

·
Registered
183 Posts
no, if there is grease, its ok. clean rod, re-grease and put back together. try setting your click the way i told you. high to low. you should have about 24-26 clicks. if more clicks, rod is damage.

·
Registered
183 Posts
also your shocks could have lost gas inside shock for piston rebound. if so ride will feel bouncy like blown shocks, basically shock is blown. needs overhaul. push piston rod down watch it, it should come up. the lower the click setting the faster the piston rod will rebound. thats the way to test click setting is working or not.

·
Registered
183 Posts
also it could be da clicker itself. sometimes they get stuck. try switching little clicker for one that does click. if works its clicker.

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it has less clicks, like 19 or so, but it seems like the rod is not moving at all...the clicks have no resistance

i tried the thing with the rod, it seems to come up pretty quick and even, but the clicks dont seem to change the rate...ride is pretty complient...maybe a tad bouncy, the passenger side piston is clunking on the side of the shock a bit and making some noise

rears i think are blown because the car actually continues to bounce a bit after it rebounds

the previous owner drove around with them bottomed out with the knobs turned all the way counter-clockwise

·
Registered
183 Posts
Get them overhauled. thats the only way ull appreciate the comfort of the suspension. That way no problems. the clunking sounds like no shock oil, no gas. bouncy sounds like shock needs to be overhauled. you should have about 24 clicks.

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Get them overhauled. thats the only way ull appreciate the comfort of the suspension. That way no problems. the clunking sounds like no shock oil, no gas. bouncy sounds like shock needs to be overhauled. you should have about 24 clicks.
yeah probably...good thing i got them for 400

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
u were right btw...24 or 25 clicks

does tein accept credit cards on the overhaul...says something about not accepting them on the form, but i think its just for international customers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts