Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 1/2 way done, and man it's been a lot of work. Due to the low level of corrosion on the bolts I thought life would be easy, but it's fought me all the way. I got the front bushings in and got discouraged to do the rear when the rear shock bolt froze and had to spend a gob of time dealing with that. With winter coming and the other frozen bushing junk, I'll wait until spring to do the rear.
Driver side front ready to go in, rear done.
Now onto the passenger side. Things go quicker when you figure all the ins and outs. with the drop and new wheels on thei way, I may be ready in a week. Frozen bolts and trying to find the right tools takes time. Dad was right, pick up your shit when your done.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Passenger side, two frozen bushings in the rear, so I'm just sawing the shock on the car. Driver side is properly (for an old man in mn pale as I am) lowered. Wheels arriving Tuesday so I have a few days to get it done. One side looks pretty good at this point.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the passenger side. For those attempting this, it's easier to sawzall the trailing arm bushing. Cut two slots and small chisel it out--and the entire bushing came out. When installing, mount the front bushing first so you can line up in the chassis easier. Oh and when pressing in the big bushing it will be frustrating and once started, it will tilt and shoot on the floor 10 times. Just press it until it cocks and lift the arm opposite the cocked side, and it will pop in.
I ran into the rear front bushing froze to the bolt, so I quit on that until next summer.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last update, maybe a pic to follow. I have alignment sticks and camber bubble, but man did it take a long time to align. I also mounted some Tsw Bathurst 17x8 225/45/17. The rear camber went to -4 so I decided to get a camber kit, even though it's said its not needed. I should have measured, but according to the drop, I shouldn't have needed a kit. For the street I'd rather be -1.
So I went to the top of the rear adjuster and it really didn't change things much. Going to the rop adds a lot of preload, but it still rides very nice. I wouldn't call it harsh, and I do have plenty of room to lower, I guess I'm down an inch.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Working on old cars nothing is straight forward and always plan for the worst. I always buy additional parts like bolts just in case things go sour.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts