Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my 03 recently and the steering wheel was creaking when I got it. Seller tells me the previous owner had a racing steering wheel on it and when he put the stock one back on he forgot to grease something up. I figured ok, no biggie I can deal with that. After doing research on this forum, I'm assuming its the steering rack problem. The car has Tein coilovers and was slammed pretty low when I bought it. A couple days ago I lifted it to stock height..will this help with the problem? It's still making the creaking noise. What can I do? Help! Btw, I didn't take off the steering wheel and grease anything. Like I said, I'm assuming its the steering rack.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Second thought..could it be a motor mount? It makes a rough noise from the front of the car while braking hard. If so, how hard/expensive will this be?

·
Registered
113 Posts
You really need to inspect one component at a time and ascertain any issues before proceeding with options, otherwise you will be all over the place replacing stuff before you get to the culprit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts