Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
So I just bought an EP and the cluster has a couple of problems, The lights are half off , Tach is off by 800rpm and most importantly the temperature gauge is way off.

In fact, the temperature gauge rarely raises from the "C" mark and if it does raise from the initial mark, it raises up only by 3 lines and thats after a long drive.

Now I know it's not the sensor since I hooked up my iPad through the OBD 2 and monitored the temperature through it a couple of times.

BTW, the temperature doesn't go above 189 on the highway or 203 in the city (after a long drive in the city)

I guess there's something wrong either with the wiring or the cluster itself, how do I test it? Is there a way to fix my cluster if its not the wiring?
Also, If I order a new gauge, would the mileage on my old one transfer to the new one through the ECU?

·
Registered
162 Posts
You can check the gauges by doing the cluster self test. 1. Push and hold the trip/reset button. 2. turn the lighting switch on. 3. Turn the ignition switch to On (II). 4. within 5 sec., turn the lighting switch off, then on, and then off again. Within 5 sec., release the trip/reset button, then push and release the button 4 times repeatedly. If successful ALL the needles will go from rest to their maximum and back again.

If there is a wiring problem the cluster will display Error. which indicates a problem between the cluster, the ECU, and the multiplexer (interior fuse box).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I did the test and the coolant gauge does go up only to the 2/3 mark which is fine with its just that it moves in a very jitterish way. Do you think I could re build that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts