Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
7 yrs?!?
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know if I have to take off the cover over the timing chain to reach the tensioner? If I do, do I need to drain all the oil? Anyone who has done any cams or valve springs install please help. Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
149 Posts
there is a little black cover that can be removed to gain access to the tensioner but its hard to work with the chain with the motor in the car. I reccomend taking off the chain cover if you can bc its easier to set the cam timing back again this way (no guess work). All you gotta do is take off that side motor mount, the oil cooler hose & barb, and the crank pulley, remove bolts & your clear. Make sure you got hondabond around for reassembly :)

I forgot to mention, you dont need to drain your oil to take off the timing cover if your on level ground.

·
Banned
9 Posts
unless you have magic powers ;)

what kind of message are you sending to the kids? ("kill bad drivers") :spin:

hope you had a 'safe' christmas dude! :wavey:

·
Banned
9 Posts
we came and picked it up quite a while ago............it has now been sold and we bought an Integra to race in that class next year, but now a wrench has been thrown in our plans; she has been offered to drive another pro car, so we may put the RSX back together instead of making it a race car.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I read the tips by Edo on how to swap out the cams by just removing the tensioner and not the whole timing chain cover, it didn't sound too hard, anyone else done this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts