Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm sure this won't be the first thread I start with the above title...but I just wanted to say that I got the kit and am totally excited to put it on now! THANKS!!! :love:
I got the TurboXS RFL. I was hoping to get this, but didn't know if it came in the kit. I didn't get the Deltagate wastegate, I got the TurboXS Evolution wastegate.

The impression from opening the box...is that this kit is HUGE and HEAVY!!!!!
Lemme say it again, this kit is HEAVY!!!!
I want to say that the 60-1 turbo alone weighs 20-30 pounds! The exhaust manifold I'd say weighs 15-20 pounds!

The piping is impressive too...it's not the thin aluminum piping as my cold air intake is...it's more like 3/16" thick steel piping.

Overall, I'd say that I'm REALLY impressed with this kit, the only thing that I can even minorly gripe about is the size of the piping...but that's a very minor concer, and I trust the guys at CN and they've done this to many cars...mine will just be the next one:)

I'm thinking about starting the install tonight, as I'm gonna go run and get some tools now. I took a bunch of pictures and laid all the parts out on my kitchen countertop ala "fast and the furious" style...I just need a place to host pictures, but I'll worry about that later...I'm off to go get me some more tools!:)

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I have read many "thankyou cybernation" threads, most of them coming from people who just got their kits installed by cybernation. The only threads I have read about cybernation kits being shipped to people are complaints about missing parts, good to hear they got all those little problems cleared up and are shipping all parts to the kit without forgetting a couple things :thumbsup:

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
diameter probably.

don't worry, my piping is small on my greddy piping but it still flows enough air for 500+ hp.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Enjoy the 60-1. Lemme know if you need some help with the Safc hi + lo settings & throttle settings.

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BlueStreak02 said:
congrats...hopefully mine will be here in a week or two!!! BTW what clutch are you runnin with?
also, what do mean about "the size of the piping?"
I'm going to run with the stock clutch either until I can save up enough for a flywheel, clutch kit, and LSD all at once...Probably ACT Extreme series...I'd rather be in there once instead of twice installing the clutch, I'm planning on going with CN stage 2 this time next year.

THe size of the piping is about 2-2.5 inches in diameter. I was hopin' for something more "manly" like 3 inch:) hehehe but I'm going with this piping. If I had to whine about anything, that's what I'd whine about;)

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bip Bip said:
Enjoy the 60-1. Lemme know if you need some help with the Safc hi + lo settings & throttle settings.
Thanks man!:):thumbsup: I'll hit ya up on that offer in a few days:)

I have a question though...are there any identifying marks on a 60-1 that will tell you if it's a 60-1 or a T3/T4 hybrid? I'm just wondering...the "60-1" that I saw on a V8 Dakota pickup was HUUUUGE...it had like a 4 inch intake on that...it just says Turbonetics on the turbo itself, and a card that's safety wired to the turbo that says this unit tested safe 2G's at 58,000 RPM :dontknow: I'm clueless, but mechanically inclined:)

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Aft3rburn said:

I have a question though...are there any identifying marks on a 60-1 that will tell you if it's a 60-1 or a T3/T4 hybrid? I'm just wondering...the "60-1" that I saw on a V8 Dakota pickup was HUUUUGE...it had like a 4 inch intake on that...it just says Turbonetics on the turbo itself, and a card that's safety wired to the turbo that says this unit tested safe 2G's at 58,000 RPM :dontknow: I'm clueless, but mechanically inclined:)
Congrats enjoy boosting. If u need anything I can help. :wavey:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Aft3rburn said:

Join the group, I'm also mechanically inclined especially in the area of turbo's but you learn as minor problems arise. The Dakota has a 4"inlet because its a 60-1. We have the 60-1hifi which is a little different. Inlet size on ours is 2.75".

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bip Bip said:
Join the group, I'm also mechanically inclined especially in the area of turbo's but you learn as minor problems arise. The Dakota has a 4"inlet because its a 60-1. We have the 60-1hifi which is a little different. Inlet size on ours is 2.75".
Thanks yet again Bip Bip!:) I'm skipping ahead a few steps and clocking the turbo first. I don't have a way to drail the oil at this moment, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow...I'm now re-inventory-ing all my items again...on step 14, in the parenthesis, it says metal gasket...I'm looking for a metal gasket and have found none...or is this where I use the Permatex Ultragray?

·
Out on bail
3,816 Posts
Very nice, i shouldn't read this cuz i have to wait till i have $ for mine. I cant wait. Quick question, do we get to choose the BOV, and if so, which one is the one on the stage II 9mb vid on cybernationmotorsports.com? The vid where the blue rsx is cruisin around town.

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't neccessarily choose, but I got what I was hoping for... The Turbo XS Evolution WG and the TurboXS RFL BOV

The stage2 BOV that you see in that video XxThInKxX is the TurboXS RFL BOV.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts