Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the past year I have been preparing my RSX for the Targa Newfoundland car rally and this morning it finally started the trek up there for the event. My navigator is driving it up there, 1,600 miles trip.

The preparation includes the following:
1) Install TSX K24 engine, lighened flywheel, stage 2 clutch.
2) Put on a new set of Dunlop Direzza Star Spec tires.
3) Install race harnesses, intercom system and Helius odometer for accurate distance measuring in KM.
4) Install safety equipment in cluding two fire extinguishers (metal to metal fastenings) first aid kit, tow strap etc.
5) Suspension setup for fast turn-ins by maxing the camber.
6) Install bigger brakes.

The car already had an awesome suspension setup and handles like it's glued to the road. We've been 'testing' for weeks and are pretty confident it will stay together for the week long event. You can follow the event at www.targanewfoundland.com We are car # 1017 The event starts on Sunday Sept 12th and continues until Friday Sept 17th.

Anyone looking for a car like this, it will most likely be for sale right after the event. $10,000, which will include all the upgrades.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE: 1st place

Got home last night after a looong drive home. The car performed flawlessly and was a great tool to get trhe job done.

We took first place with just two seconds in penalties over the whole week. Our closest competitor was just 7 seconds behind! Now the car is for sale.

Anyone wanting a tricked out RSX with a K24a2 conversion, send me a PM.

Oh, before you ask, video clips will be strung togetther and posted on YouTube as soon as I have a second. Please be patient.

·
Boosted Goose
1,203 Posts
cant wait to see vids, in for this

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you don't mind me asking, how much is the admission fee? I've always wanted to do this..
The expenses were $5,000 entry fee, another $4800 for travel and accomodations and then just $2,000 in car modifications. The costs can get much higher if you run out of talent in a stage! A Mazda Miata in my class went off the road and flipped on the last day of the event. The driver was medivac'ed off the Island with a cracked vertibrae and a broken rib. The Miata was equally compromised.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.