Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Banned
75,977 Posts
I have one HID bulb burnt out... or so I think. It sounds to me as though it could simply be the ballast. Where exactly is the ballast located and how would I determine the problem? Fantastic write up.

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
I have one HID bulb burnt out... or so I think. It sounds to me as though it could simply be the ballast. Where exactly is the ballast located and how would I determine the problem? Fantastic write up.
Where is the ballast located? I take it you bought the car with the HID already?
If you can't see it opening the hood, then it is under the lamps somewhere, behind the bumper.

·
Always Brave
67,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Where is the ballast located? I take it you bought the car with the HID already?
If you can't see it opening the hood, then it is under the lamps somewhere, behind the bumper.
Dude, I miss my retros so much. It's the one thing I miss the most from going to the Tundra from the RSX-S... You did great work on them too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
K I understand retrofit now.. I read up on it....is that when you send your orignial lights to some one or yourself or a professional fix the lights to make aure the lighting and everything are in sync therefore you have no glare and can see the roads well?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh and what projector and ballast should i get....I am so confuse ..sos...i just need a list of what exactly to get .....angel eyse? what type of ballast...don;t even know what the ballast does? and what kind of projector? damn this is harder than i thought!

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
K I understand retrofit now.. I read up on it....is that when you send your orignial lights to some one or yourself or a professional fix the lights to make aure the lighting and everything are in sync therefore you have no glare and can see the roads well?
Oh and what projector and ballast should i get....I am so confuse ..sos...i just need a list of what exactly to get .....angel eyse? what type of ballast...don;t even know what the ballast does? and what kind of projector? damn this is harder than i thought!
Here are some easier DIY options to keep your head from spining if you want the pride of doing your own work:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=618677
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=622792

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
will it pass safety check with hids? lol
In many States our clients with HID conversion and/or retrofits have passed with no trouble. It all depends on the inspector.

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
Great write-up, but wondering... what is the correct or best HID temperature for our beloved RSX head lights?
This most often falls to personal preference.

Best in terms of intensity and color rendering:

Best in terms of most popular color:

Best for your combination of intensity and color:
varies

·
Registered
1 Posts
HID conversion

First off I'd like to say thanks for the write up it was really helpful but I find that I still have a ton of questions. I have an 02' rsx with 20k miles on it, so it's a baby. But before i bought it it was sitting around for a while and the factory headlights have a yellowish tinge on the plastic cover. So i want to change them and put an HID kit in and put really nice Halo's in also,with black housing. It is my present understanding that the best way to do this is to buy aftermarket projector headlights with black housing then send them to retro-solutions and get the projectors replaced and a shroud placed on it and they'll change the halo from an LED light source to something better and then i'll have nice new headlights. I've read other threads and I feel like I have a skewed view of the process, can anyone help me with understanding how to go about this?

·
Registered
218 Posts
thanks for the info. kind of off topic though i dident want to start a useless thread. anyways, im looking at getting blackout headlights, OEM style, and ebay is an option. though most descriptions say that the headlights are 'not compatible with HID system'.

I was wondering whats up with this? Can i get away with putting my HIDs in them, or would it melt the plastic?

·
My nose in your coke bag
2,917 Posts
It will send the beam pattern wild and blind everyone lol. OEM has the best reflective bowls for HID next to a retro-fit. Then Depo headlights would follow.

·
Goooold!! ...member
27 Posts
great read thanks for the help

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm having problems hooking up the angel eyes in an aftermarket headlight assembly i bought for my 02 rsx. I got them from here, and I've got all the other shit hooked up after taking off the bumper and all, it's just the wiring. The directions are like, 1 page, and there is a total of 3 sentences in english, rest in japanese/chinese/fuckanese/whatever. There is a blue wire and black wire coming out of the same hole, and two red wires coming from another hole. I've tried to find continuity between the wires, and they all seem disconnected from each other. The instructions ask me to connect the black wire to the negative electrode to the side marker/parking lamp, and the red wire(which one, I have no idea) to the positive electrode of the side marker/parking lamp. I'm at a loss of words for this one, I only need the halos to come on, but they won't... PLEASE HELP!!!

·
AMFT
149 Posts
I'm having problems hooking up the angel eyes in an aftermarket headlight assembly i bought for my 02 rsx. I got them from here, and I've got all the other shit hooked up after taking off the bumper and all, it's just the wiring. The directions are like, 1 page, and there is a total of 3 sentences in english, rest in japanese/chinese/fuckanese/whatever. There is a blue wire and black wire coming out of the same hole, and two red wires coming from another hole. I've tried to find continuity between the wires, and they all seem disconnected from each other. The instructions ask me to connect the black wire to the negative electrode to the side marker/parking lamp, and the red wire(which one, I have no idea) to the positive electrode of the side marker/parking lamp. I'm at a loss of words for this one, I only need the halos to come on, but they won't... PLEASE HELP!!!

splice the power wire with your parking lights power wire, and ground with ground. when you click your lights the first click the halos will come on.

101 - 120 of 141 Posts