Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
I'm having problems hooking up the angel eyes in an aftermarket headlight assembly i bought for my 02 rsx. I got them from here, and I've got all the other shit hooked up after taking off the bumper and all, it's just the wiring. The directions are like, 1 page, and there is a total of 3 sentences in english, rest in japanese/chinese/fuckanese/whatever. There is a blue wire and black wire coming out of the same hole, and two red wires coming from another hole. I've tried to find continuity between the wires, and they all seem disconnected from each other. The instructions ask me to connect the black wire to the negative electrode to the side marker/parking lamp, and the red wire(which one, I have no idea) to the positive electrode of the side marker/parking lamp. I'm at a loss of words for this one, I only need the halos to come on, but they won't... PLEASE HELP!!!
Contact the vendor, part of what you pay for is customer service, might as well use it. Maybe they have better more concise instruction for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried connecting the assembly up, and trying wire combinations with the parking lamp wiring harness, but nothing is working. Remember, I have two reds a black and a blue wire that needs to be connected. I think what my problem may be is either a blown fuse or a disconnection somewhere else. These things are uncommon when putting new stuff in, assuming it all worked before, but that's not to say I'm not leaving room for the unkown:giggity:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I FINALLY GOT IT SOLVED!!! Well, I've had it solved for over two weeks now, just haven't replied back to let peoples know(assuming they cared in the first place at all) Alright, so the black wire coming out of the assembly was a ground for the LEDs. The blue wire coming out was the power for the LEDs. And so, the two reds were the ground and power for the angel eyes. WHY they decided to make the ground for the angel eyes red is beyond me, but f#@$ me for assuming it was power in the first place. I now have them up and working. I'll have an image posted up soon

·
did it 4 teh lulz
1,203 Posts
I know ebay HIDs arent the best, but what is a decent HID kit that is plug and play? Has anyone ever bought a set from ebay and not have problems installing? Just want to know since it is a bit cheaper, want to get HIDs for my fogs.

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
I know ebay HIDs arent the best, but what is a decent HID kit that is plug and play? Has anyone ever bought a set from ebay and not have problems installing? Just want to know since it is a bit cheaper, want to get HIDs for my fogs.
How about our Economy kits if you are looking for an inexpensive kit?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah I was most likely gonna get those, will they work fine as foglights?
Another place you could look is HIDextra.com. They got a great selection and from what I hear from the people I know have actually bought from this place, they are pretty good quality for the price you pay(no flickering, longevity, etc.)

Just a bonus for now, it seems that they are running a new year special, HID kits going for 59.99 w/free shipping. Good luck!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Great info! One question, my driver side headlight is brighter than my passenger side! Can't remember what brand HID's I have. Is there a fix or do I have a bad set of HID's?

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
Great info! One question, my driver side headlight is brighter than my passenger side! Can't remember what brand HID's I have. Is there a fix or do I have a bad set of HID's?
Couldn't tell you, the best thing to do is swap parts around to find out what follows what if anything.

·
Registered
278 Posts
what is the difference between full size(analog) vs slim size(digital) ballast
i read that the analog one might disrupt the radio signal a little (is this true?)
what would you recommend?

·
Registered
4 Posts
121 - 140 of 141 Posts