Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Use dish deter. with a towel to clean off your leather seats. dont use any product sells from the store it will fade away the leather

·
Retired
13,573 Posts
You don't actually know anything about leather, do you? Do you work in a tannery?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I thought the strong detergent would strip the natural softening oils out of the leather and promote cracking. When I had my Legend I used Zymol with great results but I just didn't keep up with the maintenance.

·
Banned
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
clothes detergent will strip the natural softening oils out, but dish detergent will not. I guarantee it.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
alot of people swear by using a 6:1 water/woolite solution for cleaning leather. either way, after cleaning leather it is necessary to condition the leather to give it bqck some of the oils that are taken away when cleaning. lexol makes a great leather conditioner.

·
Ramble On.
1,999 Posts
Quick question....how often do you clean your leather? My RSX Type S is on the way I can't wait...just curious.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
I don't know about this, honestly.

We've been recommending Lexol cleaner and conditioner for awhile now and it seems to be working very well for most of us here...and no one has complained about any damage. In fact, without proper conditioning, cracking of the leather will follow rather quickly (at least with the subpar RSX leather). My .02 cents

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I just use the Mothers conditioning shit. Works good, and my RSX sits in the sun all day... My leather is holding up really well.

·
Registered
504 Posts
okay well here me out i just got my Leather/vinal seats replaced by acura this past week the only part on the seat that is leather is the outer part and the inner part where the lil holes are is vinal. i had cracking on the seats from egting in and out and also in the front of the seat between ur leg area started to flake deff. 100% make sure u use conditioning after you can the seats and as far as the dash goes if its in the sun it will start to get kinda hard i found out how can i make it nice :) ???

Stains on the floor how do i get those out?

·
Registered
504 Posts
mine was just for the part that u sit on but the back piece wasnt so it wanst replaced and there is the normal wear and tear on the leather from gettingin and out it depends

·
Banned
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they did a dye job on my leather. the crackings didn't get into the actual leather so they did a dye job which costed 75 bucks and it looks good now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts