Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1021 Posts

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys, well frankly i've become tired of those threads asking "do i have the correct harness?" so i thought i'd help out by creating a thread that encompasses all of the different varieties of harnesses out there. this will have to be a combined effort as i will need pictures of your harnesses (for those of you that have working harnesses) and also the name of the ebay seller. as of now i only have pictures of Trendgear's harness. so if any of you have any pictures of your harnesses, post them up. hopefully this will end all of those threads.

LINK TO EBAY HARNESS PROBLEM FIX:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=584514

Big thanks to iShift_6 and madru17 for pics

TRENDGEAR'S HARNESS
this is what trendgear's harness looks like:

this is how trendgear's harness is plugged in:

in order for this harness to work, the white plug around the red wire must be broken off. use tape or heat shrink tubing to secure the plugless red wire to the hanging brown connector. the green plug connects to the switch.
here is their switch:

if you would like to use the OEM switch with this harness, here is my DIY:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=469745

MOTORBLVD'S HARNESS

ATOMIC STREET'S HARNESS
this is what atomicstreet's harness looks like:

now take a look at this pic again:

these are the connectors that go inside the fuse box:

for the 2 on the left, listen carefully. refer back to the pic of the fuse box. do you see where the arrow starts? there will be a green plug there. remove that, and then follow the directions on my picture. you will plug the white female part into the fuse box, and connect the white male part to the green plug.
this is the plug that will connect to the hanging brown connector:

and this is the plug for their switch:

this is their switch:

the OEM switch will plug and play with this harness
]

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
OTHER MOTORBLVD HARNESS
this is the first time i've seen a harness like this, it is a cross between trendgear's harness and atomicstreet's harness, so here is a pic of the harness:

like the atomic street harness, the 4 plugs here go into the fuse box and the brown connector. same exact thing:

here is the green plug that connects to the switch:

and here is the switch, the back is similar to the trendgear, but the face is different:

you will have to follow my DIY again if you want to use the OEM switch.

COMPARISON OF SWITCHES

starting from the left:
OEM, Atomic street, Trendgear

motorblvd switch

Reactions: jinusean and JCL

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump, help me help you!

·
JDM Ho Fo SHoooo
4,791 Posts

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha thanks, everyone i need pics of your harness and the name of the ebay seller.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks, i'm trying to get people to do that...

·
Sitting in traffic.
114 Posts
I've got pictures of an Atomic Steet one, and a few of a Trendgear if you want more. All are uninstalled. I've also got comparison pictures of all the switches. Let me know what you want, of if I should just post them.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks, i just need pics of the atomic street interior harness, and pics of the switches would be nice too. i PMed you my email, send pics and i'll put them on here.

Reactions: 808DC5R

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks Doug for your help. one step closer!

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bump for updates!

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks todd, bump bump bump it up!

Reactions: Xqzrt

·
REV HIGH DRIVE HAPPY
9,290 Posts
wait im a bit confused is there information on motorblvds harness? i just bought it and its sitting in my room im gonna install it tomm

Reactions: Dawrenn

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes i have the info on how to install. i just need pics to go along with it. i will PM you the instructions, can you take photos of the fog harness, switch, and all connectors for me?

1 - 20 of 1021 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.