Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Mamimi
6,023 Posts
Ok, this is the thing, i sleep maybe 12-14 hours a day. Now, the question is: Can too much sleep be bad for you? :laughing:

·
The Ominous One
3,799 Posts
yes

·
Banned
24 Posts
sleep is very important for everything i always get alot of sleep before big poker games it is very important to be ur best

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sleep overrated

Sleep is overrated. 20 minutes of meditation is as good as a full nights sleep.
Have you consistantly woken at a certain time every night?
Try getting up when that happens The quiet time when there are no distractions. It's the best time to meditate.
Read Dr. Dyers book on inspiration.

·
Registered
602 Posts
JBILLINI said:
Try getting up when that happens The quiet time when there are no distractions. It's the best time to meditate.
dont know how to meditate..i wish i knew..would yoga be also considered a form of meditation..

·
Registered
602 Posts
how about over sleep..i tend to over sleep in the weekends..like 9-10 hours of sleep..that must be bad too..right?

·
ABC7 Supastar!
78,338 Posts
Too much sleep is bad. Clubrsx=many late nights reading random threads and going to sleep at 4am....cough cough
Yeah you check that time stamp...thats right

·
GSP is the man!
237 Posts
Great read. Most people don't recognize the importance that sleep plays on your body, especially while working out. Unfortunately, I don't get as much sleep as I need due to school :(

·
x type-s club
5,391 Posts
Ghandi, youre a retard - meditation does not equal sleep

·
Registered
63 Posts
For sure, sleep is extremely important and most people don't get enough. When I hit the sack my sleep is great but the problem is getting enough. I just find it hard to get to bed before 12AM. I think the amount of sleep required is debatable though but I think the range is 6-8. I try to get 8 but that rarely happens.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Its not always about how much sleep you get, its about getting enough unfragmented sleep. When you're in REM sleep your brain has a chance to archive all of its memories (some doctors believe this is what dreams are), if you are restless when you sleep, or only sleep for hours at a time then you are probably not spending enough time in REM sleep which is the most important part.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
What is everyone's opinion on naps? I have a somewhat strange sleep schedule -- I usually get to sleep at 1-2am and get up around 9-10, because my earliest class is at 11. I don't usually nap during the day, but when I do, it's usually a good 2-3 hour nap. How do you think this affects recovery? I saw incredible gains freshman year even though I took naps all the time, so I'm guessing it isn't too bad. Any opinions?

·
Directeur Sportif
4,494 Posts
What is everyone's opinion on naps? I have a somewhat strange sleep schedule -- I usually get to sleep at 1-2am and get up around 9-10, because my earliest class is at 11. I don't usually nap during the day, but when I do, it's usually a good 2-3 hour nap. How do you think this affects recovery? I saw incredible gains freshman year even though I took naps all the time, so I'm guessing it isn't too bad. Any opinions?
napping after strenuous activity helps the body recover. the body produces high levels of HGH when sleeping

·
Registered
456 Posts
damn last time i remember I fell asleep before 12am was literally no joke when I was in grade 12 (5years ago) i cant sleep and for the past 5-6months ive been going to bed at 4am-5am and waking up at 11am to 12pm
i took sleep medicine yesterday 30mg didnt do me good (and that is the first time im taking one for this year alone) and last year i took total of 6 sleep medicine, they dont do me any good and i wakeup with bloody nose sometimes on sleep medicine i wish i could sleep before 12am or at 12am but i have tried many times and i just keep staying awake until 4-5am before i fell asleep and my brain just runs like an engine for some reason i cant stop thinking so i know that is why im up i think.. HELP

·
Registered
456 Posts
another sleepless nights in clubrsx
sux yesterday i went to bed at 5am wokeup at 8am and worked and now sitting here typing this and im not tired

21 - 40 of 64 Posts