Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the best honda accord forum is? My friend has a 1997 v6 accord and wants to start modding it. Also how much do you think it would cost for him to replace his automatic transmission with a manual?

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
I'll have to dig up the one I used to visit.

Its not going to help your friend though. There is essentially NOTHING in terms of an aftermarket for that generation V6 Accord. To put it in perspective, he'll probably have to fab up his own SRI or CAI, because he'll have a hard time finding one.

His only option for a manual transmission involves getting one from a 1989ish Legend. Quite frankly I wouldn't bother.

Your friend has a nice sedan that has ok power, but aside from cosmetic bits that are common with the 4cyl, he's pretty limited.

I had a '96 V6 EX-R (Canadian eh?) for about a month until I came to my senses. First and last automatic I'll ever own. I went up against an '02 RSX-S once with it, not pretty for me.

·
--------------------
28,783 Posts
Does anyone know what the best honda accord forum is? My friend has a 1997 v6 accord and wants to start modding it. Also how much do you think it would cost for him to replace his automatic transmission with a manual?
Not worth it.

Tell him to save his money and sell the Accord.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Not worth modding it , but looks good when they go show

·
Registered
914 Posts
v6performance.net is what i wne ton when i had my 98 v6

1 - 7 of 7 Posts