1 - 20 of 666 Posts

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
:rotfl:

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
also I ordered a new axle, because I know its my axle eating itself from the inside :noes:
Yea, one my boots sprung a leak so I refilled it and plugged the hole.....I am hoping when mine go I can get some 2.9 axels because doug says you can us them with the type-r lca's.....:drool:

·
I lurk
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, one my boots sprung a leak so I refilled it and plugged the hole.....I am hoping when mine go I can get some 2.9 axels because doug says you can us them with the type-r lca's.....:drool:
they have a different spline count :confused: I want to run the dc5r lcas with rsx-s hubs and axles :noes:

·
Mercedes Benz w204 C350
3,612 Posts
so I always watned to know about this.

is Coilovers such as teins and etc better or some good springs such as progress mated wtih good shocks such as tokico dspecs better?

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
so I always watned to know about this.

is Coilovers such as teins and etc better or some good springs such as progress mated wtih good shocks such as tokico dspecs better?
Talking suspension can be just as complcated as motors. Would you spend 10 grand for a biult motor that was going to be used to go back and forth to work in rush hour traffic? If you are just looking to be sportie and are not going to "track your car, my advise is to get a matched suspension kit like koni and tokico sell. It is very important to match the springs to the dampers....
fyi, imo anything below 2200 bucks from tien is total crap.....:thumbsdow

·
Mercedes Benz w204 C350
3,612 Posts
Talking suspension can be just as complcated as motors. Would you spend 10 grand for a biult motor that was going to be used to go back and forth to work in rush hour traffic? If you are just looking to be sportie and are not going to "track your car, my advise is to get a matched suspension kit like koni and tokico sell. It is very important to match the springs to the dampers....
Dang....so what shiocks would u recommend for progress springs?

btw thanks a lot you are full of good info.:thumbsup:

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Ether koni or the d-specs are a good match for the progresses.....anything more than a 1 1/2 inch drop is to much for konis( with stock valving) imo

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
I have a question for the master. If you're so good, how come you can't put my springs in honey?

And by the way I want bread and butter no sugar added pickles. And no kidz I'm not preggers. His kid would kill me. no lol.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
What do you think of the Mugen SS suspension kit if one DOES NOT want to adjust his ride height/settings?
I like the mugen kit for its good damping, spring match and dislike it for its drop. When you drop a ep3 or dc5 more than about a inch, you end up with the lca's angled up, this results in poor road maners in the corners....lots of understeer and a bad habbit of blowing through its travel in hard turns.

·
Dislikes assholes
362 Posts
I like the mugen kit for its good damping, spring match and dislike it for its drop. When you drop a ep3 or dc5 more than about a inch, you end up with the lca's angled up, this results in poor road maners in the corners....lots of understeer and a bad habbit of blowing through its travel in hard turns.
I agree whole heartedly. I like my Mugen SS and think it does well on AutoX or in very tight corners at low speeds, but when thrown on the street its a little to much understeer up front for me to handle. Just gotta throw in my 19mm rear sway to get some oversteer and take off my front for more traction on the front. Thanks Scott.:thumbsup:

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
I agree whole heartedly. I like my Mugen SS and think it does well on AutoX or in very tight corners at low speeds, but when thrown on the street its a little to much understeer up front for me to handle. Just gotta throw in my 19mm rear sway to get some oversteer and take off my front for more traction on the front. Thanks Scott.:thumbsup:
fyi, a change in rear sway will move you in to another class with most clubs in autoX.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
I have a question for the master. If you're so good, how come you can't put my springs in honey?

And by the way I want bread and butter no sugar added pickles. And no kidz I'm not preggers. His kid would kill me. no lol.
I need a lift and more than the 5 ft lever arm that I was able to use last night....that or I have to start cutting....those lower shock bolts are known to frezze.....If I had a weekend day, I would pull the whole lower controle arm out with the shock attached so I could get some leverage on it....but that would take more time than I have after work....3 hours of day light ftl.......:(

·
TYOB 4 Life
291 Posts
The shocks on the the Tein Type Flex are very capable and can handle compression rate up to 16kg/mm. Although I hate anything where the height is not fixed, I respect only those shocks under the $2200 range. Their 15 way adjustable factor is also retarded like all the other damn full coilover setups that most of us tend to buy.

1 - 20 of 666 Posts