Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

621 - 640 of 666 Posts

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
be interesting to see how the plates work out...never messed with them. I know wth the stock sized springs, there is not a whole lot of room inside the strut tower. to move thring around.

·
Registered
206 Posts
hi mustclime

a question, why if i install SKA92-AUB00 tein springs, still makes this noise

the spring dance lol on the shock base....this noise is make me crazy

the springs are brand new, i have installed the tegiwa bracket relocator but i dont know if this makes that happens to the springs

i jack the car moves the springs inside and outter and have this noise

what can i do to correct this issue? youre the pro

thanks for your info and time

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Sorry...I can only reply with questions to this one....
1) did you transfer the rubber pads and seperators from your stock springs to the new springs?
2) did you make sure the arrow on the strut top bearings/ upper spring purch was pointing out?
3) did you install the top nut on the shock with a pair of wrenches or an air/impack hammer?
4) did you install the springs right-side-up?
5) how old are your dampers?
6) did you do the work or did someone else?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sorry...I can only reply with questions to this one....
1) did you transfer the rubber pads and seperators from your stock springs to the new springs?
2) did you make sure the arrow on the strut top bearings/ upper spring purch was pointing out?
3) did you install the top nut on the shock with a pair of wrenches or an air/impack hammer?
4) did you install the springs right-side-up?
5) how old are your dampers?
6) did you do the work or did someone else?
1.no
2.yes
3.i installed when low the car
4.yes
5.1year
6.i did

but i today borrow my rims to a friend with 205/40/17 and mine are 205/45/17
I feels less noise right now with this tire size.....why?

Thanks dude

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
1.no
2.yes
3.i installed when low the car
4.yes
5.1year
6.i did

but i today borrow my rims to a friend with 205/40/17 and mine are 205/45/17
I feels less noise right now with this tire size.....why?

Thanks dude
???? #3...what do you mean....did you use the car as a spring compressor? look at this pic

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2003&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=FRONT+SHOCK+ABSORBER

did you install #2?....if not, do it over put it in....if you lowered the car onto the strut to compress the spring...you most likly did not seat #9 right.......do it over

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hope this is a good spot to post this question. My apologies if it isn't.

I just bought my first EP3 this last weekend. It's a 2002 that the previous owner lowered using the following parts, so I'm told:

1. H&R Sport Springs
2. Ingalls Adjustable Camber Kit (F/R)
3. Buddy Club Lowered Ball Joints
4. OE Dampners
5. Energy Suspension bushings, though whether it is some or all I don't know yet.
6. RSX Type-S rear sway bar

This all looks great, but it is way too low for me. This is a daily driver and I need to be able to not scrape entering and leaving the parking garage at work. Not to mention occasionally having to drive on less than perfect roads and not wanting to bend anything. Like my back.

Which brings me to what springs I should replace the H&R's with, and whether I will need to replace the ball joints with OE units to keep everything properly aligned.

I was looking at either Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, the Tein H-Tech's, or go back to OE springs.

I'm coming from an SVT Focus, and I really liked the stock setup on that for a daily driver. Especially when I put on some sticky tires. Firm, but not too harsh. Fun around corners when I can find them. Just to give you a frame of reference of what I am looking for.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Look up a-spec kit...curry acura sells them....you will need new tie rod ends( from a rsx) the the nuts for the balljoint.....it will totaly change the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I saw the posts on the A-Spec kit and I should have expected that reply. I would love to go that route. I'm just not sure that is in the budget at the moment.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
do not buy a car that needs fixing if you do not have the money to fix it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gee. Thanks for the life advice. I expected to just replace the springs, and not springs and dampeners. </sarcasm>

The A-Spec setup will likely come in the future. Sooner if I can swing it, but facts are that I buy the best car I can afford, that will do what I need, and hopefully have fun doing it. This was the best one I had looked at in the last two months.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
the problem is ...lowering springs kill daampers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
the problem is ...lowering springs kill daampers.
I know, and these are most likely dead.

I drove it to work today and I think we will both survive long enough to make up the difference. Hopefully in about a month, barring any emergencies, I will be able to get the kit and an alignment.

Really enjoying the car, though. Throttle response alone is a far and away better than the SVT Focus'.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
You could try the boards...look for stock stuff for sale...

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I will need that, the RSX outer tie rod ends, and accompanying nuts.

I put it up on stands today to change oil and get a closer look at things. I noticed the dust boots on the Buddy Club ball joints are torn, so I'll be replacing those, too. With the A-Spec kit should I go back to OEM sized lower ball joints, or should I put Buddy Club or similar RCA ball joints on again?

Finally, I assume that since these are press fit parts that I'm going to have to have them pressed out and in with a hydraulic press.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
.........where to start? A balljoint is not done just because a boot is torn.....It could just mean some clown used a pickel fork to pop a ball joint ...you may just need to replace the boot....please note...

NOONE SHOULD EVER USE A PICKEL FORK ON A HONDA BALLJOINT!!!!

Pickel forks are for POS 60's cars...not honda's

get one of these...

http://www.amazon.com/OTC-6297-Ball-Joint-Separator/dp/B0015PN010

Warning....get the tool above, there are a lot of cheep copies of this tool that will brake

for pressing in and out the ball joint I have this....

http://www.amazon.com/OTC-7249-U-Joint-Anchor-Service/dp/B0002SRGXY

I do not know if it will fit you rcc balljoints....

A good kit to have would be this....

http://www.amazon.com/OTC-7249-U-Joint-Anchor-Service/dp/B0002SRGXY

By the way, I have a set of buddyclub rcc sitting on a shelf, they did not come with snaprings so I will not use them( ebay fail)...the J's raceing rcc do have snap rings....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you. Any excuse to buy tools is all I need.

I'll look into the replacement dust boot. Without the grease zert I was just concerned about getting sufficient grease packed in. That and whether I needed RCAs at all with the improved ride height.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Put the suspension in today, and once I get it aligned I think it will be great.

In the mean time I need to do a poor man's alignment on the front. With the change in ride height changing the angles of the tie rods I've gained too much toe in making it hard to drive.

Thanks for the recommendation, Mustclime. Not just the A-spec kit, but that ball joint tool was absolutely worth every penny.

621 - 640 of 666 Posts