Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

661 - 666 of 666 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I'm going with that same setup - Type R sway with ASR brace, and did a lot of research. It should fit fine.

BTW - It's at JHPUSA for $181 with shipping included. That might save you a couple of bucks vs buying it at PJDM.
I ended up just going with the type s sway for now but can always upgrade alter if needed and yes it fits. I got my ASR from JHP.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
I think I used 5.5 inches from the jacking points.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Autocross spring rates STF DC5

Building an STF Autocross '03 RSX Type S. Koni 8611 2612 front inserts, Todd's V2 Camber/Caster plates, AMR rear struts.
(BlacknDecker's former setup).

No front bar, and have a 24mm Rogress rear bar. Front spring rate is 12k. I ordered 28k and 32k springs for the rear and sent the rear dampers off to get revalved.

When looking at the formulas that are Stickied on this thread, i feel like i may have gone too stiff in the rear. However, based on my experience with an STS Civic Si, a 40% stiffer rear bias and a huge rear bar made for a national winning setup with the previous owner.

My rates fall somewhere in between. What say you. I'm temped to also pick up a set of 24k rear springs too. I just want to start off the build o.j. the right foot. Any insight would be appreciated.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
shocks will have to retuned....look at getting a smaller rear sway

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah, the rear struts are at ProParts USA right now being revalved. The new graphs look like they should be capable of controlling the stiff rear springs. Will try the 28k first with the bar full stiff. If that's too stiff, I'll soften the bar (or reinstall the stock bar). If it's not stiff enough, I'll try the 32k's.

661 - 666 of 666 Posts