Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1141 - 1160 of 1862 Posts

·
TypeS VBP Hawtness!!
1,168 Posts
I have the same height ^^^^ as slushbox.
If i were to get motegi touge 17x9, what would the ideal offset and tires that i need?
Also would any modifications be needed?

For the guys with 18's, is the ride bumpy or no?

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
I have the same height ^^^^ as slushbox.
If i were to get motegi touge 17x9, what would the ideal offset and tires that i need?
Also would any modifications be needed?

For the guys with 18's, is the ride bumpy or no?
ideal offset would be something in the 30's. tires, don't go anything under 245/40

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
i was talking for the 17's slushie lol.

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
if you are on a-spec suspension and you get the correct offset you should be fine...lower drop it will rub on the fenders. too high of an offset and you risk rubbing on the inside, but i think if you get +40 or +35 you should be ok, but i cant be sure because i dont have 17x9s

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
I need some advice since my rims are coming in soon.

The rims are 18 x 8.5 +52 offset. I am currently dropped on Mugen SS with no rear camber kit. I may switch to Tein Flex in the future achieving a 1 finger drop all around. For the time being, I want a setup that works and will also accomodate my future drop.

I am looking into the Project Kics spacers since I like how the studs are pressed into the spacer itself. I think +10mm is not wide enough to clear the stock studs, or it will hit the inside of my rim. So I will have to get +15mm making it +37 offset.

Do you think I will clear? I would also like to run 235's ideally, but 225's would clear for sure. But the tire will stretch.

·
Low Flying Whore Ron
1,001,869 Posts

The rims are 18 x 8.5 +52 offset. I am currently dropped on Mugen SS with no rear camber kit. I may switch to Tein Flex in the future achieving a 1 finger drop all around. For the time being, I want a setup that works and will also accomodate my future drop.

I am looking into the Project Kics spacers since I like how the studs are pressed into the spacer itself. I think +10mm is not wide enough to clear the stock studs, or it will hit the inside of my rim. So I will have to get +15mm making it +37 offset.

Do you think I will clear? I would also like to run 235's ideally, but 225's would clear for sure. But the tire will stretch.
Another thing to consider... look for clearance of brake caliper and wheel. We tried a 15mm spacer and it interfered with the wheel and we had to go down to a 5mm spacer to clear the caliper (this is with the AEM BBK and a 17" 3 piece +44 offset wheel ).

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts

project kics makes great spacers. however, you must first look at the wheels you are using. Rotas and the cheaper replica brands have notches int he back of the lug/hub area to allow for use of spacers. higher end brands, however, such as Volk and Work don't have that. depending on what brand your wheels are will determine the size of spacer you need. that being said, if you have a cheaper wheel then most will do fine. if you have an expensive wheel then you have to run 25mm spacers like coredump suggested. add a little neg camber since you'll be spacing it out to a 27mm offset. your 235's will be fine after that.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
project kics makes great spacers. however, you must first look at the wheels you are using. Rotas and the cheaper replica brands have notches int he back of the lug/hub area to allow for use of spacers. higher end brands, however, such as Volk and Work don't have that. depending on what brand your wheels are will determine the size of spacer you need. that being said, if you have a cheaper wheel then most will do fine. if you have an expensive wheel then you have to run 25mm spacers like coredump suggested. add a little neg camber since you'll be spacing it out to a 27mm offset. your 235's will be fine after that.
Thanks for the advice. I wish I had the luxury of trying on different spacers to find the right match! Money's a bit tight right now with having to pay for the remaining part of the rims, getting spacers, tires, and lugs. So I want to make sure I get it right the first time.

Yea they're Volks CE28N if that helps. So should I be fine with +25mm spacer running negative camber in the rear with 235's?

In the long run, I would want to switch to the whole ITR Brembo suspension. That way I wouldn't even need to run spacers. I actually think the Honda Limited Edition CE28n's in this size configuration was designed for the Type R anyways.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
yup you will clear with that in the rear. my current setup is a little bit lower offset than yours at a +48 and i'm running a 20mm spacer since i have Rotas wrapped in 235's. camber is at -1 but i'm not that low lol.

1141 - 1160 of 1862 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.