Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I pick up? Rebuilt Title

05 RSX Automatic with leather interior, seats in great shape, sunroof, ETC!

It was hit from the quarter panel, and has been fixed, drives very well so far from the test drive.

Just seeing if she's worth 3,500$

oh and it has 94,000 miles on it

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
get a type s...

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
Rebuild title means it as damaged enough to total it which I'm guessing must have been a decent amount of money. Just watch for frame damage because if it was welded in a shotty way, it's just an accident waiting to happen. If all is good and the panels line up right, I'd say that $3,500 is very reasonable.

·
I love my Type-Slow!
164 Posts
05 RSX Automatic with leather interior, seats in great shape, sunroof, ETC!

It was hit from the quarter panel, and has been fixed, drives very well so far from the test drive.

Just seeing if she's worth 3,500$

oh and it has 94,000 miles on it
Bro to be honest.. You sound like you really want it already. Then go for it, But i would say take it to a body shop and have them check it out or maybe one of your friends that know body work really well check it out, good luck! :giggity:

·
#Inkpot
4,811 Posts
Be prepared to take that car to its grave. It may be good enough a buy for you and if your happy with it its a win just do not expect any resale value after it goes on up in miles. But thats why its cheap now. One more thing to think about I guess.

I wouldnt want a base or auto but like someone above said if your satisfied and this is "the car" then pull that trigger mang

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
Lolz ^^^ that! I'm taking my RSX to the grave, unless some assnutz totals it. Screw selling a car that I've put so much time and money into.

I've got a Base, someone has to save those poor sluts.

·
#Inkpot
4,811 Posts
Lolz ^^^ that! I'm taking my RSX to the grave, unless some assnutz totals it. Screw selling a car that I've put so much time and money into.

lol thats what I said when I was 16 and had my civic.

But at any rate Im sure you see how my point is valid/relevant

*And I love my rsx-s and even though the miles keep going up I look at it as getting closer to a k24 swap. But some day, as many do, I will graduate to something better or more fitting to my age. Looking at NSX and, maybe depending how long I have the rsx, TL or modded ass TSX

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
lol thats what I said when I was 16 and had my civic.

But at any rate Im sure you see how my point is valid/relevant

*And I love my rsx-s and even though the miles keep going up I look at it as getting closer to a k24 swap. But some day, as many do, I will graduate to something better or more fitting to my age. Looking at NSX and, maybe depending how long I have the rsx, TL or modded ass TSX
My next car will probably be a subie or 350/70z

·
Registered
6,940 Posts

amen to saving base rsx's :p even though we slow forever :(
Pretty sure im talking my car to the grave too :bow: but not apart of that slow forever crew :shady:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just be careful of frame damage. I picked mine up as a salvaged title and thought it looked perfect but theres a few things that dont align probably and wont ever, like my hood and fender. My passanger side aligns perfectly, but between the driver side fender and hood, theres a tiny gap. Pay attention to those things, as they can annoy you a lot down the line. If you don't care, then its all good. Also, look under the car real quick and see if anything was welded. If it does, those could possibly be weldings on parts of the frame, which can't be changed like an engine part.

·
0 Posts
The Official Club RSX "Should I buy this car?/ What is this RSX worth?" Thread...

The old thread was corrupted and had to be deleted. This is the new thread. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, first post here.

2002 type S - all stock.
189,000 miles (scares me). But my first car was a civic, I know anything honda has the potential to run forever.
owner says he drove it an hour to work everyday so they're all highway. (ehhh)
He's an older guy, and it doesn't have an exhaust, intake, anything. it hasn't been beat on and I kinda want a stock car I can mod myself.

He's asking 4,800. I'm actually going to look at it in a few hours. This thread doesn't seem too active but I hope I get some responses, thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thought about going back to RSX.

Found a 2005 Acura RSX, five speed manual, has 145k mile on it, Body is clean NO scratches, Original wheels and A/C good. Ran the auto check it seems clean. Asking for $5800.

what do you guys think?

thanks

1 - 20 of 145 Posts