Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2002 Acura rsx base
112,xxx miles

Car runs and drives great, new clutch replaced a few months ago, has a intake and is lowered on Tein coil over kit.DC sport headers. Tires are about 75 %. Body of the car does have a dent on passenger side qtr and the bumper does have slight damage near the bottom.

Asking for $3800

Good deal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
2002 Acura rsx base
112,xxx miles

Car runs and drives great, new clutch replaced a few months ago, has a intake and is lowered on Tein coil over kit.DC sport headers. Tires are about 75 %. Body of the car does have a dent on passenger side qtr and the bumper does have slight damage near the bottom.

Asking for $3800

Good deal?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have an 05 rsx s jade green with brand new USDM tail lights brand new rear bumper painted to match the car. The car has 180k miles all stock with no issues. I have replaced the rotors with brembo blanks and hawk HPS pads, other than that the car is now bone stock.

This car is my DD.

How much would you pay for this car as is with 180k and how much is this car worth if I rebuild the motor (stock spec) and sell it with 10k miles?

These are the only pictures I have of the car.

Untitled by d_2jzgte, on Flickr

Untitled by d_2jzgte, on Flickr

·
Registered
10 Posts
Should I get an 06 Type-S financed from dealership for 11.9k? It has 113k miles on it. Had one owner. It isnt stock but it isnt riced out either. I need advice!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
was it worth it?

so i had a tan 02 civic lx sedan auto with 112k miles, pretty clean and no honda cancer

i traded my ar15 (dpms), $700, plus my civic

for a 02-04 rsx-s with 104k miles. rear quarter panel rust, one side has a hole, stock everything except a aem v2 intake, gay viper alarm i will be taking off, and twin loop exhaust. front bumper clips are broken so it hangs by the top plastic body inserts, gay halo lights, paint chips here and there.

what you think? worth it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
03 Type S SSM
143K Miles
Claimed to have a JDM front end
Needs front tires and there is an electrical issue where the wipers and front turn signals don't work. SRS light is on from minor front end damage that has been repaired (jdm front was the fix) Airbags never deployed.
Rest of car seems flawless

Asking $5950. What offer should i throw at them ?

·
Fresh as F$&k!
67 Posts
Hmm idk to me that's kind of high I would see if you could go any lower but what can I say, I got a 02 type-s DSM for $3800 with only 117k and great driving condition only thing was front bumper was beat up and a few scratches and dents on it I got mine for a steal. I did a lot of searching and had a lot of patience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Should i Buy ??? 2002 Types S with 06 Swap

owner says it has
- 06 k20z1 engine/tranny w/ 95,xxxkms (with papers)
- no modifications otherwise
- can be etested and certified by owner for sale(not currently safetied)
- going in for rust work and paint before selling
the owner is asking $5,500. Im wondering if this is a cheap enough price that any other jobs that need to be done or maintenance required will be worth it. i dont wanna buy a beaten up lemon. what should i look for and what are good pointers that tell me it needs work done to it. should the belts have been switched when swapping the motor? if the motor and tranny is clean should i get it anyways and worry about the other problems myself since that would cost the most?? thanks in advance for the help :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, my first post. Have been researching my next buy and found the RSX and just fell for it. Money isn't at a bad spot, but I'm not looking to buy one with high mileage really(parents would freak). So I did searching and stayed patient. Found one at a dealership that's an 03 with a clean carfax, 120k miles on it and asking price is 7 k. Seem worth it? Car looks to be taken care of and everything. Just looking for some extra advice. It is a base, I wish it was a Type-S but no lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Should I buy a Type-S 2005?

Hey guys,

I am a first time poster and just wanted to know whether I should buy a 2005 RSX Type-S with 170,000KMS. The car has a broken motor mount and the tps sensor is broken. The radio also needs to be recoded. I sat with him while he drove and the car and it was loud and so the seller indicated that there might be a leak in the exhaust. The seller is saying he will get all of this done.

The cars front bumper was also repainted and driver side front fender (front bumper due to stone chips and fender due to someone keying it).

Does this sound suspect? I mean with the motor mount breaking and the front bumper fender being repainted. Does it seem like it was in an accident? Anything I should be looking out for?

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
First post and hopefully my first car! :vtec:
03 Type-S
190K Miles
Got him down to $3900
Plan on doing a Frank swap and restoring the car to Mint
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
93 Posts
First post and hopefully my first car! :vtec:
03 Type-S
190K Miles
Got him down to $3900
Plan on doing a Frank swap and restoring the car to Mint
What do you guys think?
Seems good man, its really cheap so you can't really go wrong. 190K is VERY high but if it runs and drives well, I dont see why not!

121 - 140 of 148 Posts