Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 510 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my first book, I'd like to recommend One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Has anyone else read this fine novel by Ken Kesey? It was written in 1962, but it's amazing how its theme still is relevant to this modern era. Even in smaller stages such as this forum can the themes be observed.

Thoughts?

·
Ex-Mod
25,997 Posts
For my first book, I'd like to recommend One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Has anyone else read this fine novel by Ken Kesey? It was written in 1962, but it's amazing how its theme still is relevant to this modern era. Even in smaller stages such as this forum can the themes be observed.

Thoughts?
I saw the movie years ago.

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.

And if youre into sci-fi like me:
The rest of the Ender Saga :)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really? Is the movie similar to the book?

In the book, there is a Nurse who pretends to exist for the good of the patients, but really she is just a psychotic control freak and in the end causes one of the patients to end up in a deceased state. She then tries to hide the whole incident and sweep it under the rug. A lot of censorship too.

I think it can apply directly to this forum. What do you think?

·
The Architect™
82,930 Posts
Really? Is the movie similar to the book?

In the book, there is a Nurse who pretends to exist for the good of the patients, but really she is just a psychotic control freak and in the end causes one of the patients to end up in a deceased state. She then tries to hide the whole incident and sweep it under the rug. A lot of censorship too.

I think it can apply directly to this forum. What do you think?
i think you need to stop trying to cause problems....:shakehead

as for books...just finished harry potter #5, moving onto #6.

i read #5, all 870 pages in under 2 days last week on vacation....lol

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think you need to stop trying to cause problems....:shakehead
a long-time member of prominence gets banned and you throw a tantrum because people are asking and wondering what happened to him? did you really expect no one to wonder????

and then you delete threads instead of locking them and giving a reason why. yeah, good stuff.

·
Certified Master Brewer
12,224 Posts
Swiss Family Robinson-Favorite book of all time

Where the Wild Things Are-Second favorite book of all time

·
The Architect™
82,930 Posts
a long-time member of prominence gets banned and you throw a tantrum because people are asking and wondering what happened to him? did you really expect no one to wonder????

and then you delete threads instead of locking them and giving a reason why. yeah, good stuff.
i gave you a reason. and i haven't turned away anyone who's pm'd me asking why. I've given them the truth.

but, no other time have we allowed members to create threads in memorandum to banned members. and you really need to figure out why he was banned? it's so obvious its painful.

as for your "hints" towards the forums censorship....don't like it here, :wavey:
this is a privately owned forum, members are to follow the rules of the owners.

·
Canon Crew
12,127 Posts

^^ Ibsmallsw/banhammer.

Books....

umm. Im big tom clancy fan...although i havent read a book in so long.

Some verse i had to read for British Lit at University was "The Dream of the Rood"

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i gave you a reason.

no other time have we allowed members to create threads in memorandum to banned members. and you really need to figure out why he was banned? it's so obvious its painful.

as for your "hints" towards the forums censorship....don't like it here, :wavey:
you gave me a reason? where? give me a link or STFU.

as for forum censorship and ownership... wow you think you're an owner now?

it's interesting to see how you go from MsFB's personal asskisser and no-life "repost" policeman to a mod going on a powertrip. just like what happens when you give the wrong guy a badge and a gun.

·
The Architect™
82,930 Posts

it's interesting to see how you go from MsFB's personal asskisser and no-life "repost" policeman to a mod going on a powertrip. just like what happens when you give the wrong guy a badge and a gun.
i waited till you created a new thread to delete the old one, thinking you had seen the locked reason.

i'm not an owner, but i respect their decisions and moderator according to their wishes.

as i said, don't like it here, http://forums.clubrsx.com/login.php?do=logout

now move on please

·
American HP!!
25,615 Posts

i gave you a reason. and i haven't turned away anyone who's pm'd me asking why. I've given them the truth.

but, no other time have we allowed members to create threads in memorandum to banned members. and you really need to figure out why he was banned? it's so obvious its painful.

this is great reading right here :thumbsup:

·
Canon Crew
12,127 Posts

Smalls isnt on a power trip. Hes one of the more level headed mods/admins on the board...and he puts up with a ton of stuff in the lounge.

The things that he has allowed that are "questionable" far outweigh the things he hasnt.

·
Spank a ho
4,923 Posts
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.

And if youre into sci-fi like me:
The rest of the Ender Saga :)
Enderg's Game is awesome. I love the bean series also.

1 - 20 of 510 Posts