Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

441 - 460 of 510 Posts

·
Spicy Raccoon
28,537 Posts
there is actually a sword of truth tv show that i watched last season lol :nerd:
it doesnt really follow the books exactly, but they use a lot of the stories from the books in the show.
I was a little concerned when they picked some 33 year old dude to finish a series that has been almost 20 years in the making (The Eye of the World was published in 1990), but I decided to give him a shot and see if they did good. I think they did good. His writing is obviously not going to be exactly the same as Robert Jordan's, but he is good in and of himself. The Mistborn trilogy was good. Elantris was good. Thos are the Sanderson books I've read.

I'm gonna try to tear through the WoT books before the next one comes out. This will be the 5th or 6th read through I've done on the books. Every time a "new" one came out, I re-read em all again. Then I re-read them last year after getting a friend of mine into them.

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
I stopped reading the WoT books at Winter's Heart. Finished the book and realized nothing really happened and that's when I decided Jordan was just milking things. Basically the same story for me with the Sword of Truth series.

Simon Green's Deathstalker series is one of my favorites, nice combination of science fiction and adventure.

·
Spicy Raccoon
28,537 Posts
I'd say he wasn't milking things.. his world just got larger than he expected, and he had to try to tie up loose ends. But I guess everyone has their own opinion. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
I feel that if a series can't be finished within 3-7 books the scope is just too large. I might try to read the series once again once the last book is close to completion. As for Martin, I've really like A Song of Ice and Fire but the waiting between books is getting excessive.

·
Gmen FTL
5,372 Posts
I stopped reading the WoT books at Winter's Heart. Finished the book and realized nothing really happened and that's when I decided Jordan was just milking things. Basically the same story for me with the Sword of Truth series.

Simon Green's Deathstalker series is one of my favorites, nice combination of science fiction and adventure.
yea the problem with winter's heart is it was supposed to be combined with crossroads of twilight in one book, but the publisher thought the book was too big, so it was split it into 2 books. since events in one book occur simultaneously with the other, you have to read both to fully understand what is going on.

·
Boostalk!
3,289 Posts
there is actually a sword of truth tv show that i watched last season lol :nerd:
it doesnt really follow the books exactly, but they use a lot of the stories from the books in the show.
Believe it or not, I'm actually excited for the show to come back. I never read the books but I know all about them from my friend. I love how Darken Ral (sp?) hinted that he was Richard's brother, when he is actually his father. Wonder how they are going to work that into the current story line. They should move the show to Shotime so I see Kahlan nekkid.

9,696 Posts
still reading Plato's Republic. i don't even own cable or internet at home. kind of nice saving $100 a month when you are poor. only miss watching NFL games but that is what sports bars are for...that and the drinking.

·
Gmen FTL
5,372 Posts
Believe it or not, I'm actually excited for the show to come back. I never read the books but I know all about them from my friend. I love how Darken Ral (sp?) hinted that he was Richard's brother, when he is actually his father. Wonder how they are going to work that into the current story line. They should move the show to Shotime so I see Kahlan nekkid.
:pray::love:

·
©Choom Gang©
74,911 Posts
still reading Plato's Republic. i don't even own cable or internet at home. kind of nice saving $100 a month when you are poor. only miss watching NFL games but that is what sports bars are for...that and the drinking.
Haha cool. Yeah once you get into reading you can't stop

I probably said this in this thread already but...

Terry Brooks > *

·
American HP!!
25,615 Posts
Finished the Bourne Ultimatum recently (again, NOTHING like the movie... NOTHING!). But a good book none the less.

I am now reading (for the third time) Harrington on Hold'Em Vol. 1, will probably read (again) Vol. 2 after this.

Then I'll probably pick up one of the King or Koontz novels that I have which I haven't read yet.

·
Beware the Eggplant
16,631 Posts
who plays Kahlan? And did Richard ever gut the mord-sith who took him captive in the tv show?

·
Gmen FTL
5,372 Posts
441 - 460 of 510 Posts