Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

221 - 240 of 245 Posts

·
She wants the Dc5
20 Posts
Been on here for a few days but haven't done an intro yet so here it is. what's up everyone? I'm Michael I drive a 05 Type-S and I'm from California.:wavey:

·
t[ ._.]z
27 Posts
well i have a base auto, look how kool am i
Don't get me wrong, I loved the base auto. I actually sold the car because I needed the money, I didnt really want to get rid of it.
Then out of nowhere there was this type-s, for almost the same price. I couldn't let it pass by.
haha.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys,

I been using this forum for about a year as research and resource, and now finally decided to register as a member. I have my 06 type s for about a year now. Currently got A.E.M V2 intake, HKS Hi Power catback, and skunk lowering spring. Future plans are race header, hondata reflash, and full coilovers set.......and maybe an RBC im.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
What's up guys, I've been a lurker here for a while now.. Mostly hanging out in the S2k section. But now I have a reason to venture out into the rest of the forums. Friday I brought home a vivid blue pearl 2005 Base (AT) RSX with 95k on the clock.. I got it as a daily, but I've always wanted one ever since they were first introduced. After having it these past few days I wish I would have gotten one sooner..

As far as I know the mods are just these 17 inch wheels and Tein springs.. The motor is completely stock..

And here's my weekend warrior, 2005 AP2 S2000..

Mods include:

J's Racing 70RS titanium catback
Ballade Sports 70mm throttle body
AEM V2 cold air intake
Berk Technology 63.5mm test pipe
Ingalls Stiffy torque damper
Skunk 2 springs

And then some aesthetic mods.. Yada Yada Yada!

Dyno video: http://youtu.be/2Ko_DOK9-0A

·
Registered
13 Posts
New Member here!

Traded my 00 Civic Si w/ 152k for a 02 Acura RSX Type-S w/ 215k. It's in need of some TLC but Im looking forward to making it a reliable Daily Driver!

·
Murderator
23,094 Posts
I keep waiting to see if my Type S pops up in here lol

·
Super Moderator
430,556 Posts
welcome to all you new guys and congrats on getting your "new" car or your first car. hope you find the site helpful and meet people that can get you started on modding and having fun with your rsx or whatever you may have.

I keep waiting to see if my Type S pops up in here lol
did you remove the body from the trunk or sold the thing as is? :shady:

·
Murderator
23,094 Posts
welcome to all you new guys and congrats on getting your "new" car or your first car. hope you find the site helpful and meet people that can get you started on modding and having fun with your rsx or whatever you may have.

did you remove the body from the trunk or sold the thing as is? :shady:
I couldn't get all the blood out, but it's a black interior so they'll never notice :shady:

·
dude I mean like
83 Posts
Hey I'm new to the forum but I've had my 02 type S for a while. I've got a header back exhaust and an Injen cai. I'm looking to do some suspension work. Feel free to give any advice!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kind of new. Haven't really posted much. 02 ABP Type S. Injen Sri, Magna Flow exhaust, Exedy Stage 1 clutch and light weight flywheel, Tein lowering springs most recent Krpo. Next mod will most likely be RH. Looking into DC because I have a hook up there. Have had the car a little over a year now. Slowly but surely. Work in progress.

·
Super Moderator
430,556 Posts
Hey I'm new to the forum but I've had my 02 type S for a while. I've got a header back exhaust and an Injen cai. I'm looking to do some suspension work. Feel free to give any advice!
welcome!! feel free to pop in here http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=1006402 and ask all the questions you want. i or someone will be happy to give you some info/advice.

if you need help with anything or just basic forum..things :dontknow: you can pm or ask me, i'll be glad to help you or direct you to someone who can :thumbsup:

Kind of new. Haven't really posted much. 02 ABP Type S. Injen Sri, Magna Flow exhaust, Exedy Stage 1 clutch and light weight flywheel, Tein lowering springs most recent Krpo. Next mod will most likely be RH. Looking into DC because I have a hook up there. Have had the car a little over a year now. Slowly but surely. Work in progress.
glad you decided to introduce yourself, welcome nonetheless. good luck with your work and have fun man. if you need anything, throw a pm my way or pop into one of the chat threads (i'm in most of them haha) and i or someone will gladly help you out :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well just scored my first RSX. Was about to close the deal after 2 weeks of looking on an 05 blue type-s with 127k miles for 7400 when I got a call from another dealer let me know he just got in an 05 RSX type-s one owner clean carfax with 35 thousand original miles. He let me have it at 11750

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Everyone! New here and also new to this whole car scene but slowly learning about my rsx. I have a 2002 Rsx Type S and all stock. Bought it about a year ago. Will post some pics soon. Having some issues with it right now so trying to buy some parts to fix it. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Guy

Hello I recently bought an rsx last December. It's '05 a VBP acura rsx-s with 75k for 11k I used to dream about owning this car back when I played underground 2 lol and I became obsessed with it when I started high school back in '07 prior from owning a '00 blue civic si and thavnks to hard work and dedication I finally found me a nice low mileage one in Albuquerque, NM 8 hrs away from my city in Co. It's currently on raceland coilovers and 18x9.5 offset wheels hopefully I start my thread soon guys we'll stay in touch hope to meet new ppl :vtec:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all. I'm Roy and I'm an Acura fan. *Hi, Roy*

Got a few questions for you all, if you don't mind me asking. Just signed up today after reading all of your great comments. My questions regard a 2005 base RSX with 57k miles on it. One owner. Problem is, it's out of town and a 3+ hour drive to get to. I'm hiring a mechanic to take it from the dealer lot to his shop to check it out (<$200 cost here). I just don't know what to ask him about, because this thing just fell in my lap and I'm not sure what might be an issue on this car.

As for background: Long story shortish, I bought a '98 Acura Integra LS in 2001. At the time, I was still driving two beaters I'd had since high school (8 years since graduation) and was married. Still married, btw, in case you're wondering. But the wife liked a Saab, and when I went to replace the Saab (2nd turbo dead in 30k miles) I bought a super-low mile rear-wheel drive car (Mercury GM w/35K on it) and she claimed she hated it. I had to sell the Acura (125k miles) in 2012 to fix the Saab (at a loss, but to a friend who could use it and treats it well as a dd).

Now, the Saab is right and finely dead and I have some $ (go stock market) and for a few weeks have been in the market for A) another Integra with clear ownership (I was 2nd owner off of lease on mine) and a) lowish miles and no major mods (have a family) or B) a Integra-GSR with the same lowish miles and no major mods. I describe major mods pretty liberally, but essentially I don't want to buy a high-mile, 4th owner car with mods to the intake, exhaust and suspension on the market. I know what I did with my car, and I made some really good choices and it is running great now. Some folks just make bad/sloppy decisions.

"Impatience is the most costly tool in the toolbox."

In any case, as you might imagine, Integras (especially GSRs) don't come with a lot of combinations of low mileage, few owner, few mods. So I stretched out into SIs, but I've never really liked them. I finally arrived at RSXs two days ago.

Keep in mind that I've put a ridiculous amount of time into this. I've kicked a lot of tires and probably had 20 cars on racks to inspect. I really like these cars but really don't want to mess around with anything that hasn't been done right. The price points just don't match up, often: lots of money in mods done slapdash are actually a detriment to resale. As a side note, I did a lot of my own work on my car and had trouble selling it, which is why my friend got it at a discount. It cuts both ways.

Last night, I gave up. I told my wife "I'm just going to wait around for an unmodded, 1 owner RSX type S." I know that the RSX is the new Integra, would probably have fewer miles just based on that (and I would pay a little more, but can). I figured, like the creampuff 98 I bought, it'd eventually come to pass. I figured it would be a few months, or even longer, before it came around.

Imagine my surprise when this morning an RSX base came up. 1 owner 2005, stick, 57K miles, under blue book and on a dealer lot within travelling distance.

I've hired a mechanic (shop suggested by a friend who used to live in area) but he's not really sure what to look for. Dealer is fine with him picking it up and taking it to his shop. Asked for leakdown test, get it up on the rack and check for rust and all the "normal" things (suspension, transmission, oil pan). Told him I was mostly concerned with the compression, but also told him I've never owned one of these.

So there's your introduction and your query, folks. What do you check out when you buy a 10 year old (admittedly, low mileage) car? What do I ask this dude (I've never met, but friends have worked with) to check out?

Just want to be sure I'm not going to drive the hours up there with the kids and find out it's not a car I want to deal with. I love the maker, trust the reliability, but I'm wary of the dealer (as we should all be, imo.)

I'm hoping this goes through. Would really love to get into a new VTEC: my wife had an Accord Wagon w/VTEC until it got totaled. Just don't want to get hosed. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

·
Registered
66 Posts
New RSX owner :)

View attachment 428969

Wrecked my first love - 2010 Honda Civic Coupe and finally decided to pick up a RSX! Took me forever to find one stock, clean title, and good price. After searching forever, I found the best one and had to jump on it. Sadly it is a base, not a type-s, but it is a manual transmission :thumbsup:

One owner, 119k miles, 100% stock, picked up for 5000$ flat and only had CMC replaced. Other than that, standard maintenance and it runs absolutely perfect. Have had the car for about 2 months and I absolutely love it. All I have done to it is added tint all around (5% limo)
new tires(Michelin pilot sports as3), sanded the headlight haze, resprayed over the window trim (was flaking off) and replaced fluids.

Other than that, I am proud to be a RSX owner!

221 - 240 of 245 Posts