Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
y u mad tho?
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Continued from last thread

Its also speculated that fighters are scared to lose now. Afraid they will be cut, so if a fighter isn't at 100% they worry they and pull out. This is what I heard from Hughes I believe?

Im sure fighters are pretty scared to lose. It would definitely suck getting cut by the UFC. And speaking of which, I think Nam Phan stepping in to fight on the 8th is him digging his own grave.

Not only is Phan 2-3 in his last 5 bouts, 1 in which he got completely man handled on the ground by a purple belt (hes a bjj black), but from what ive seen in videos, he doesnt even coordinate a decent fight camp for preparation. He trains himself like Roy Nelson.

While im sure Dana White is happy that Nam is stepping up, if he loses this fight, despite doing the UFC a favor he will probably get cut off the roster. Ive seen it happen before.

·
Living Legend
12,656 Posts
yep for sure.

a fighter not long ago(Can't remember the name) stepped up on short notice and was cut after losing.

I think Hawani asked if he regretted it and of course he did.

ALSO

HUGE fight

Jon Fitch vs Damien Maia in Feb @ UFC 156

and Matt Mitrione replaces Shane Carwin to fight Roy Nelson

·
Living Legend
12,656 Posts
no way in hell Roy Nelson loses by KO.

The guy gets hit with everything but the kitchen sink and doesn't go down

JDS or Werdum couldn't stop him.

He ate the most brutal knees by Werdum and was a moving punching bag for JDS.

Edit:

I'm calling Nelson by submission

·
Super Moderator
430,558 Posts
pink cheeks ill put you in submission

*yes random ass post*

·
This Guy
4,940 Posts
:rotfl:

you could maybe submit me in a contest of who can play the most games in a 30 minute stretch

But I love the random posts. :awwyea:

Star wars went free to play today
Oh yah....Forgot bout that shit. Guess I gotta reinstall. I wonder if I still get my lvl 45 Bounty Hunter

Edit: Ahhh fuck. i gotta call them and get my authenticator removed. I restored my iphone and my authenticator reset itself.

·
y u mad tho?
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
woo man, tournament was rough. I played a decent game, ended up pulling guard a few times, hit a couple sweeps but ended up getting caught in the end with a deep kimura. Guy was working it for over a minute trying to cinch it in while I was attempting to sweep him over. Was so deep, I heard the guy coaching him say, if hes not going to tap, break his arm :rotfl:

I was the smallest guy in my bracket too, so that means its time to make the cut down to 159 haha.

o well, had fun good experience.

·
Living Legend
12,656 Posts
Hendricks is making his fights to easy lol. Training that hard for 1 minute or less of fighting. Guy most love it.

Still thinking GSP vs Anderson.... Also could the UFC of been hyping that anymore? lol or making it more obvious who they wanted to win...

·
da fuckup
6,724 Posts

·
Sexy hand crew
2,677 Posts
that guy in the red is shredded

on another note, me and frayne182 were watching ufc 1 in bed

:jelly:

mark coleman gets gassed within 2 minutes :jelly:

·
y u mad tho?
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Interesting news I just found out, probably something I overlooked, but Faber is fighting during the superbowl card against Vaughan Lee.

I like Lee, but to me, this is a huge mismatch. If Lee can pull the same type of upset he did against Kid Yamamoto, this would skyrocket him to the top. However, im not sure what the chances of that are.

Faber has alot more to lose in this fight for sure. If he loses to a guy thats not even top 10 in his division, he will never be able to save face. But if he wins the fight, which is expected, it wont do much for him since the guy he is fighting is 12-8-1.

Ill be rooting for the upset anyways lol

·
Living Legend
12,656 Posts
Interesting news I just found out, probably something I overlooked, but Faber is fighting during the superbowl card against Vaughan Lee.

I like Lee, but to me, this is a huge mismatch. If Lee can pull the same type of upset he did against Kid Yamamoto, this would skyrocket him to the top. However, im not sure what the chances of that are.

Faber has alot more to lose in this fight for sure. If he loses to a guy thats not even top 10 in his division, he will never be able to save face. But if he wins the fight, which is expected, it wont do much for him since the guy he is fighting is 12-8-1.

Ill be rooting for the upset anyways lol
Honestly since the Aldo fight Faber has lost steam. For whatever reason he was still considered the god of the under 155lb world getting title shots and changing weight classes. I think that torch has passed to Aldo though. I think this fight makes sense for Faber. He can't keep getting title shots and I also will be rooting for the underdog in Lee

1 - 20 of 303 Posts