Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

621 - 640 of 867 Posts

·
04 NHBP-S
688 Posts
Sorry. I looked into it. It’s the cb1000r. It has a lot of customization from factory and you can get it as a naked or a cafe. What kind of bike do you have yoon? I checked out the mt07 mt09 as well as a couple others when I picked up my first

·
maison ikkoku ftw
424 Posts
Sorry. I looked into it. It’s the cb1000r. It has a lot of customization from factory and you can get it as a naked or a cafe. What kind of bike do you have yoon? I checked out the mt07 mt09 as well as a couple others when I picked up my first
the cb1000r would be on my list for sure, and yes Yoon, it's Honda 1st over here :)

·
04 NHBP-S
688 Posts
I’m a Yamaha guy here. I just like the looks a little better. Functionality is going to be the same across all the Japanese brands anyway. If I had a bigger budget I’d go aprilia

·
Waifu Deluxe
745 Posts
get her in there Rick, love to see you AXing the RSX!
Sat was rough... I'm still way over-driving the car. Last in my class lol, but there was only a 30 person turnout soooo the only people showing up were total regulars, only for in D and 2 of the 4 are typically 3-4 seconds ahead of everyone else.

However since there was only 4 cars, I still earn 4th place points for the season which will be a nice bump. lmao

·
ジェームズ
5,272 Posts
VT1100
MT-07
Grom

none of them have any protection from the wind. however the grom doesn't go fast enough to matter so...lol

·
ジェームズ
5,272 Posts
almost 2 weeks of no posts. figured the thread had just gone away lol

·
04 NHBP-S
688 Posts
VT1100
MT-07
Grom

none of them have any protection from the wind. however the grom doesn't go fast enough to matter so...lol
Yup. Idk why I didn’t get an mt07. So many people talked so much hype about the r3 as a starter. And I’m glad I got it. I wasn’t nearly to the point of dragging knee around corners. In the Houston bike group a lady that had a brand new r3 had the same issue as me and died. The brakes have no feel and sometimes they are either 0% or 100%. Add in the pen tires that are not suited for a sport bike and the wheels lock up under braking way too easily. I locked up my back tire at least 5 times with very little braking pressure. This lady who died last week locked up her front tire and it threw her down into oncoming traffic

·
ジェームズ
5,272 Posts
i think the r3 is too new, i've only heard of everyone saying to get a ninja 250 or 300 as a first bike. the weather in ohio isn't great so not too many good riding days as Texas. i've had to pull off the highway a few times because it was too cold and even wearing a few layers, i was shivering. and it's not even that cold yet but early morning ride to work can be brutal sometimes

·
04 NHBP-S
688 Posts
i think the r3 is too new, i've only heard of everyone saying to get a ninja 250 or 300 as a first bike. the weather in ohio isn't great so not too many good riding days as Texas. i've had to pull off the highway a few times because it was too cold and even wearing a few layers, i was shivering. and it's not even that cold yet but early morning ride to work can be brutal sometimes
Yeah the r3 years are 2015-present I believe. I had a 106. The girl who died had a 19 which supposedly had some better components but the same shitty brakes and tires. The rest of the bike is super solid and tons of people here praise them as the beginner bike for the street then retire it as a track bike because it’s so like and cheap to work on

I rode mine through the Texas winter here which included 40 degrees and rain a couple times. I only had a vented leather jacket and jeans and mesh vented gloves. Besides my legs freezing the worst part was the back of my neck up into my helmet surprisingly. Yeah it was cold. I put 7k miles on mine in 10 months and my commute was maybe 10 miles lol. So you could say I rode all year eveeywhere. Rain or shine

When I move back to Indy I’ll be prepared for the weather changes. But I won’t be one of the idiots trying to ride in the snow

·
ジェームズ
5,272 Posts
i won't ride if it's 40 lol. i've found 55 is as low as i'll go. my commute is about an hour with traffic. i have a comfy car i can take, not going to freeze to death on purpose

·
04 NHBP-S
688 Posts
Well I rode mine even when cold because it was faster during the Houston rush hour which I was stuck in both ways. Hell I rode an hour to micro center on Black Friday with it because I was not going to get stuck on the highway in traffic. I enjoyed faulting it. I should be getting released from disability in the next couple months and I’m undecided if I want another. On one hand I miss the brotherhood of it. And the car scene has gone to shit imo. The legal meets seem to be all American car clubs. I just don’t want to die on a bike. If I don’t get another bike I’m going to start building a k20 and piecing together stuff slowly to go turbo.

·
ジェームズ
5,272 Posts
when you say it's faster, is it because you are splitting lanes? or just easier to weave in and out of traffic?

·
04 NHBP-S
688 Posts
when you say it's faster, is it because you are splitting lanes? or just easier to weave in and out of traffic?
I never really split lanes except on 1 road in front of my house. Because the traffic would get backed up like 30 minutes to 1 stop light then it cleared after that. On the bike I could just get around cars easier rather than be stuck behind them

So the tropical storm is hitting Houston right now. I got stuck out in it with my rsx and the roads flooded. I drove it home somehow. At one point the water was over the front of my hood. When I got home I opened the hood and everything is soaked. Good thing I didn’t hydrolock. But either way I have coverage for flooding

·
ジェームズ
5,272 Posts
the person that purchased my old sti flooded it. it sold for auction in indiana for 3200 bucks afterwards.....

·
ジェームズ
5,272 Posts
stevo you gotta come back to revive this chat from time to time lol

621 - 640 of 867 Posts