Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

741 - 760 of 911 Posts

·
maison ikkoku ftw
425 Posts
so yeah I went to Wendy's yesterday after this post, i NEEDED it!

·
ジェームズ
5,276 Posts
bought a wrx off a friend. he needed out of it to buy a truck and i needed out of my charger because it's a charger. it was a win/win. the wrx makes a few more ponies than my sti did

·
maison ikkoku ftw
425 Posts
I haven't had Wendy's in four days...something might be wrong with me :)

·
ジェームズ
5,276 Posts
I haven't had wendys in a few months. went on a plant based back in November to control my blood pressure. it's been real fun especially for holidays lol

·
ジェームズ
5,276 Posts
so almost one week and several hundred miles on the wrx:

new found appreciation for a sti over the wrx. i took the suspension and what not for granted while i had the sti. i always thought i should get a wrx over a sti if i ever went back to a subie. cheaper to maintain, cheaper to insure, cheaper gas, etc all for 40 hp less at the crank which can be made up for a few hundred bucks. i always joked about how i paid 10k more for a wing and brembos but the wrx even with more whp than my sti had, just isn't the same. still a fun car and don't regret it. i have the same act hdss clutch with the 15# flywheel in the wrx that i had in the sti and streetability is actually much easier and better on the wrx. don't feel like i'm doing single leg presses while i'm driving to work anymore. that being said, i'm super nervous about this trans. i have some shifter modifications in the mail to make it a little more enjoyable to drive. trans blast plates need to be next on the list just for peace of mind

·
ジェームズ
5,276 Posts
we have been on the same thread for over a year now and only on page 38

·
maison ikkoku ftw
425 Posts
oh yeah this place is dead

·
maison ikkoku ftw
425 Posts
so almost one week and several hundred miles on the wrx:

new found appreciation for a sti over the wrx. i took the suspension and what not for granted while i had the sti. i always thought i should get a wrx over a sti if i ever went back to a subie. cheaper to maintain, cheaper to insure, cheaper gas, etc all for 40 hp less at the crank which can be made up for a few hundred bucks. i always joked about how i paid 10k more for a wing and brembos but the wrx even with more whp than my sti had, just isn't the same. still a fun car and don't regret it. i have the same act hdss clutch with the 15# flywheel in the wrx that i had in the sti and streetability is actually much easier and better on the wrx. don't feel like i'm doing single leg presses while i'm driving to work anymore. that being said, i'm super nervous about this trans. i have some shifter modifications in the mail to make it a little more enjoyable to drive. trans blast plates need to be next on the list just for peace of mind
That's a good take Yoon, you've had a ton of seat time in your STI too... Single leg presses lol, I hate that about older subaru's, makes me pine for Honda's clutches which are very light, even on the CTR

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello everyone! It’s been a couple years but I am back and looking for a little help! So I’ve been doing research to turboing my 2006 RSX Type-S. I was looking at kpro through kseriesparts but it looks like they are saying I need an 02-04 type-s ecu for kpro. So I’m under the impression that kpro on an 02-04 base ecu will not work for my type-s. I have a buddy that bought kpro for his base 02-04 rsx but is looking to get rid of it. Will it work for my 06 type-s? Sorry for not searching, just need a quick answer and getting frustrated trying to google it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello everyone! It’s been a couple years but I am back and looking for a little help! So I’ve been doing research to turboing my 2006 RSX Type-S. I was looking at kpro through kseriesparts but it looks like they are saying I need an 02-04 type-s ecu for kpro. So I’m under the impression that kpro on an 02-04 base ecu will not work for my type-s. I have a buddy that bought kpro for his base 02-04 rsx but is looking to get rid of it. Will it work for my 06 type-s? Sorry for not searching, just need a quick answer and getting frustrated trying to google it.

And idk why my name has changed from timdc5 to timtype-s with using the same log in so that’s weird as well

·
ジェームズ
5,276 Posts
welcome back. i'm sure there is someone here that knows. i haven't owned a rsx in over a decade so i will be of no help

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks, hopefully someone has an answer. I’ve just been reading that if you have an 05-06 type s it has to be an 02-04 type s ecu you send to hondata. I’m still searching but it’s a lot of sifting.

741 - 760 of 911 Posts