Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

921 - 940 of 942 Posts

·
ジェームズ
5,282 Posts
we have been on this chat thread since january of 2019...

·
the asian stig
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #926
it will be cold again next year before it closes

·
maison ikkoku ftw
428 Posts
Interesting, what issues has she had with it? I haven't really had too many issues with the Abarth (fortunately)
sorry for the late reply.

The two major issues we've had (2013 100k miles) . Every wheel hub had to be replaced. And the shift cable is somehow stretched and needs to be replaced as it will only go into 2nd and 4th gear.

Other smaller things like every bolt is rounded off or stripped on the bottom of the car for the splash guard, it's being held up with zipties....honestly the car compared to my 10 year older and double the miles Acura is in such a shitty state because of quality and materials. We will never buy FCA again.

·
maison ikkoku ftw
428 Posts
hope to see some folks this weekend, i plan on stopping by to say hello at the camping meet, i will have my kid tho so we're not doing the drive

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
sorry for the late reply.

The two major issues we've had (2013 100k miles) . Every wheel hub had to be replaced. And the shift cable is somehow stretched and needs to be replaced as it will only go into 2nd and 4th gear.

Other smaller things like every bolt is rounded off or stripped on the bottom of the car for the splash guard, it's being held up with zipties....honestly the car compared to my 10 year older and double the miles Acura is in such a shitty state because of quality and materials. We will never buy FCA again.
Oh damn! Yeah, that's pretty bad. Wheel bearings are a known weak point, I think I've had to replace both rears if I'm not mistaken (I'm at 78k miles). The rounded off bolts sounds like a shitty service center, which unfortunately is also far too common. Heck, on the Abarths they have a tendency to not make sure the lift is fully seated underneath the car and instead lift them up by the side skirts. That's why almost every Abarth you see will have side skirts that are peeling off.

Can't say I blame you one bit for not wanting to buy FCA products again. Fortunately there's not much they have that would be interesting anyways. Only thing I could think of would be like a Hellcat'ed vehicle, but even those I'd own for like a year then let the next person deal with the terrible build quality, lol.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Actually, I forgot I had a second Toyota, so tied for most from 1 brand. But still only 2 total
(1 Honda, 2 Toyotas, 1 Subaru, 1 Fiat, 2 FCA, and a TVR coming soon)

·
Waifu Deluxe
776 Posts
Woot, won my 2nd event today and won today by a good margin. Top 8 raw time overall as well. Not sure how I got the car to be as quick as I did.

921 - 940 of 942 Posts