77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2002 DSM RSX
Base - Auto :thumbsdow​

Page 2 - Painted Brake Calipers
Page 2 - New AEM Short Ram Intake

Background:
Bought my RSX in October of 2009 to replace this (2002 Ford Taurus SE):

When I got the RSX, the previous owner had a headunit that didn't work, a short ram intake which is slightly misfitted (still in the car, but that's going to be changed), a broken primary o2 sensor, and some paint scrapes on the bumper. Since then, I've replaced the headunit, replaced the o2 sensor and in the process of buying a new intake.

Mods:
AEM Short Ram Intake
Sony CDX-GT540UI Headunit
Tints all around (not windshield)
Redouts

Pics

This decal came with the car, too ricey?

More pics are coming soon. Now that we're almost out of eternal winter in CT, I can start doing stuff with my car.

Next Mods:
-Blackouts
-Foglights
-Strut Bars?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I with you and the whole DSM w/ a school budget man.
first thing I did was coilovers; it was the best thing for these cars. next to Kpro.

·
Special Olympics Winner
3,031 Posts
cool yeah just slam the car and get blackouts and you will be pleased

·
n00b
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, and yes the ACURA sticker on the side is pretty rice. you should get a drop next :)
I knew the drop comment was going to be made. Unfortunately, the roads that I drive daily (to and from school, around town) are all really shitty, and I've bottomed out even in this 4x4 I call my RSX. I'm kind of afraid to drop it. And I hardly notice the Acura sticker cause it's on the passenger side. But I'll probably remove it eventually.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I knew the drop comment was going to be made. Unfortunately, the roads that I drive daily (to and from school, around town) are all really shitty, and I've bottomed out even in this 4x4 I call my RSX. I'm kind of afraid to drop it. And I hardly notice the Acura sticker cause it's on the passenger side. But I'll probably remove it eventually.
CA roads are prolly close to the same; just gotta creep over shitty filled pot holes, and swerv around divits. You don't need to slame your car just go for the whole 2 finger gap rule; you'll be all good.:thumbsup:

·
n00b
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sick!
student-budget FTW!
Thanks man! Student-budget crew?

CA roads are prolly close to the same; just gotta creep over shitty filled pot holes, and swerv around divits. You don't need to slame your car just go for the whole 2 finger gap rule; you'll be all good.:thumbsup:
I'll have to get some pics of these roads over here, there are potholes everywhere. Along with potholes on hills, and in the places that you'd least expect them.

·
n00b
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice pickup. have fun with it
Thanks!

Yea, that Acura decal has to go considering it only on one side...but even if it were on both, it still has to go.

Blacked-out headlight will really make a difference...maybe a debadge would be nice too since you're on a budget ;)
Yeah, anyone know of a good procedure to get a decal off of paint? Heh, thanks in advance. And blackouts are coming. Personally, I'm not a fan of the debadged look, but thanks for the comments :)

·
JDM>USDM
38,437 Posts
Thanks!

Yeah, anyone know of a good procedure to get a decal off of paint? Heh, thanks in advance. And blackouts are coming. Personally, I'm not a fan of the debadged look, but thanks for the comments :)
Use a blow dryer, fingernails, then goo gone to remove the adhesive residue.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts