Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
There was a firefight!!!!
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im moving to NC from Ohio at the end of summer and have been thinking about getting a bike sometime in the next year... ive never ridden a bike or dirtbike b4 so i dont really know the justs of riding bikes.... the closest thing ive ridden is my 660 raptor ATV... should i still consider gettin a bike even tho i have no past experiences? and yes, i plan on taking safety courses and i would prolly start riding my friends dirtbike a lil more...

sorry if this is mentioned somewhere in the stickies, i read the first-timer thread and didnt see anything on this subject.

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
yeah take the MSF class and you'll be fine... i learned to ride before i took the MSF class and even rode the canyons... Riding a bike is not that hard...riding it in traffic when women are putting on their make up and talking on the cellphone is hard, it makes AMA and MOTO GP riders scared...

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
yeah take the MSF class and you'll be fine... i learned to ride before i took the MSF class and even rode the canyons... Riding a bike is not that hard...riding it in traffic when women are putting on their make up and talking on the cellphone is hard, it makes AMA and MOTO GP riders scared...
I beg to differ..I'm sure Rossi can hammer fist or high kick, given his mood, a soccer mom through the driver's window mid-corner.

·
135i Coupe Owner!
7,962 Posts
lol, take the msf before you decide on a bike. honestly i don't know what to say to convince my friend not to get a 600 super sport as his first since hes never even touched a bike before. his cousins "that started with an R1, and others that started on supersports" have him convinced he'll step up from a sport to a supersport in like 2 months if he doesn't hop on a supersport right off the bat. :shakehead starting on a supersport is fine, but with the available used selection of sport bikes with their resale value especially in socal why would you NOT start on a sport. anyway, i hope you can kind of use this as an example to you that if some good 'starter bikes' are available in your area, don't count them out! take the MSF open minded and THEN shop around for what you feel is necessary. good luck.. hopefully i'll be riding this summer too. (i have something similar to a dirt bike.. its a trial bike)

·
iRide
1,792 Posts
Riding is not hard, you need discipline and maturity that’s the hard part. The actual mechanics of riding is easy and can be refined with some classes and experience.

Buuuuuuuuttttttt, no discipline or maturity, and you are dead; worse - paralyzed.

·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bump for another question...
i am 6'4" 170 lbs... would the ninja 250 be too small for me? everyone says its the best beginner bike but im a pretty big guy, should i look more into the 500cc - 600cc area?

·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
would a GSX-r 600 be too much for someone like me w/ no riding experience?

·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i would deff jus get the ninja 250 since its my first bike and i dont really know wat im doin yet... and i really dont care if i got the fastest bike around.... but if im too big for the 250 than idk wat im gonna get

·
'89 'til INFINITY
3,510 Posts

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
1000cc v-twin....mmmm next bike for sure

yeah gsxr 600 is gonna be rough to start on... friend started on r1 and other friend started on a bike similar to the RC51...lol theyre pathetic

·
baby buffett
13,382 Posts
i would deff jus get the ninja 250 since its my first bike and i dont really know wat im doin yet... and i really dont care if i got the fastest bike around.... but if im too big for the 250 than idk wat im gonna get
NO bad noob, bad!

get a suzuki sv650. best beginner bike period! or you can get a ninja 650r. but the sv650 is more badass and you can throw gsxr plastics on there and track it. i loved riding the sv650 and when i rode one with a yoshi pipe i couldn't stop smiling.

buy it!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...ryZ50034QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
NO bad noob, bad!

get a suzuki sv650. best beginner bike period! or you can get a ninja 650r. but the sv650 is more badass and you can throw gsxr plastics on there and track it. i loved riding the sv650 and when i rode one with a yoshi pipe i couldn't stop smiling.

buy it!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...ryZ50034QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
wow thats really really nice... now i jus gotta figure out how to talk my rents into letting me get a bike... any help there?

·
baby buffett
13,382 Posts
wow thats really really nice... now i jus gotta figure out how to talk my rents into letting me get a bike... any help there?
wait a second, how old are you?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.