Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i had my RSX for a while now and it seems like everyone and their grandmas has one by now, i remember back in the days where i was the only one around with a RSX within 50miles

anyway time for something new...

i been thinking about getting the new accord coupe, but sometimes when i look at it i feel like its kinda long compare to my RSX, but i am also seeing that the EX V6 has 240 HP compare to my base 160HP, thats a big jump :D

but then again the RSX has that "look" of sporty as where the accord is still consider a "luxury" car but i have seen some coupes with body kit and drop that looks pretty nice

so my question is, what do you guys think of the 7th gen Accord Coupe????

· kicker
664 Posts
I like them. I have an 03 rsx type s and my roomate has a 03 Accord EX. Its pretty nice and still a good car even though its not an Acura. I say you will like it even though you are used to the rsx. The sound system seems a little nicer and the seats feel pretty nice too. Its still a quick little car and there are mods out for it too. So I say go for it if you like it.

· Elite Member
697 Posts
the accord is considered a luxury car? maybe to some people.....

u think everyone and their grandma has a RSX, but so does the accord v6 coupe........now everyone and their grandma along with their great-grandma has one too......

· Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hurryhurry12345 said:
the accord is considered a luxury car? maybe to some people.....

u think everyone and their grandma has a RSX, but so does the accord v6 coupe........now everyone and their grandma along with their great-grandma has one too......

i thank u for your post it was sooooo useful, now i see the light :rolleyes:

· Registered
1 Posts
to be honest, i haven't seen too many 2dr accord coupes, just every grandma has the 4dr version. But you can't tell the difference b/w the 2 until you look at the rear;-)

i personally love the way the rsx looks, and i love the accord coupe but that's a big power difference b/w the two. I would suggest the 6speed accord coupe if buying as the automatic version doesn't come with any sport shift type feature and i believe it is still a 4 speed automatic.

16,924 Posts
There's a reason the RSX is popular:p:D

The Accord is nice, but I dunno, I'd take a TSX or RSX-S over it. And who cares if everyone has the RSX, in my area there are/was 5 Ferrari's, within walking distance. Does that make that a lesser car? No. I'm not calling the RSX a ferrari, but i'm saying its your car, doesn't matter if everyone has it.

· Yeah, it's that big
4,077 Posts
Test drove the Accord Coupe V6 6sp and hated it. Virtually no feedback from the steering, car "loafed" through turns, felt heavy, tires sucked, and the interior was too sound-damped. You don't get that surging feeling when you accelerate to redline like you do in the RSX and TSX. It may be faster, but the RSX and TSX are much more fun.

Like it was said above, you think a lot of people have RSX's.... the Accord is one of the most numerous cars in the country.

You want something rare and you're looking in the mid-high $20k, try the TSX, 350Z, and RX-8.

· Registered
231 Posts
Chrsx said:
Test drove the Accord Coupe V6 6sp and hated it. Virtually no feedback from the steering, car "loafed" through turns, felt heavy, tires sucked, and the interior was too sound-damped. You don't get that surging feeling when you accelerate to redline like you do in the RSX and TSX. It may be faster, but the RSX and TSX are much more fun.

Like it was said above, you think a lot of people have RSX's.... the Accord is one of the most numerous cars in the country.

You want something rare and you're looking in the mid-high $20k, try the TSX, 350Z, and RX-8.
Well said...I 2nd that. :blah: :laughing:

On a serious note. Just get what you want. You are the one paying for it. As long as you are happy with it, it's cool. Personally, I would keep the RSX. I also test drove the V6 Accord. While it may have luxury features, it is lacking in a sports car feel. It feels like a family car that's a wannabe sports car. That's just my opinion. Have fun deciding! :thumbsup:

· Registered
89 Posts
mvkicker said:
I like them. I have an 03 rsx type s and my roomate has a 03 Accord EX. Its pretty nice and still a good car even though its not an Acura. I say you will like it even though you are used to the rsx. The sound system seems a little nicer and the seats feel pretty nice too. Its still a quick little car and there are mods out for it too. So I say go for it if you like it.
Um you do realize Honda and Acrua are the same thing right? If you go anywhere outside North America a rsx has a Honda emblem on it.

· BOOST
42 Posts
crazy said:
There's a reason the RSX is popular:p:D

The Accord is nice, but I dunno, I'd take a TSX or RSX-S over it. And who cares if everyone has the RSX, in my area there are/was 5 Ferrari's, within walking distance. Does that make that a lesser car? No. I'm not calling the RSX a ferrari, but i'm saying its your car, doesn't matter if everyone has it.
Actactly I live on marco island which is 4x6 miles and my dad has an 04 corvette and there is a good 20 or so other C5 corvettes.

· Registered
203 Posts
yeah.. there are too many accords out there.
Plus, i live in socal, orange county area, and don't see many rsx here.
I really think they are still kinda rare.
maybe i am feeling this way because my previous car was a camry.
damn car is everywhere.

· Registered
6 Posts
I test drove the 6 speed and I really liked it. It's very comfortable and has all the options. I thought it was felt pretty fast and solid overall. The color choice is pretty limited I think since the 6 speeds are so rare(My local dealer had six for the year, black and silver only). It's a really nice car, but it feels like my old Legend and not even close to as sporty or nimble as my RSX-S.

· brian R.
2,778 Posts
The Accord is big and drives big. The V6 is a great motor though, power delivery is sweet. But if you want any form of enthusiast based driving, you'd be hard pressed to enjoy an Accord more than an RSX.

· Registered
8 Posts
EBPdC5 said:
so i had my RSX for a while now and it seems like everyone and their grandmas has one by now, i remember back in the days where i was the only one around with a RSX within 50miles

anyway time for something new...

i been thinking about getting the new accord coupe, but sometimes when i look at it i feel like its kinda long compare to my RSX, but i am also seeing that the EX V6 has 240 HP compare to my base 160HP, thats a big jump :D

but then again the RSX has that "look" of sporty as where the accord is still consider a "luxury" car but i have seen some coupes with body kit and drop that looks pretty nice

so my question is, what do you guys think of the 7th gen Accord Coupe????
obviously if you ask what car to get on this forum most ppl will say get the rsx-s and if you ask people on an accord forum they're gonna tell you to get the accord. IMO you should go test drive the accord, see how it feels, looks up close and personal, if you don't like it don't get it keep the rsx, if you like it then buy it...

i have an 03 accord 6spd, and many of my friends own rsx-s so i'll tell you what i think.

'03 accord 6spd - it's more of a laid back car IMO, i do admit i did not like how the car looked when i first bought it and i still dont' like it. now that i have the OEM kit on it looks really good, it really changes the whole appearance of the vehicle. having the power is really nice, coming from a 2000 civic EX i can tell u right now that having that power right there and not having to search for it is awesome. the interior is pretty nice IMO also, minus the size of the gauges, they are huge. the car doesn't handle as nice as an RSX-s but nothing a lil suspension upgrade can't do away with.

rsx-s: nice lil fast fun car to drive, love the high rev's. interior is nice also, i love the gauges. car looks very ncie from the outside, even nicer with the OEM kit, and the rear wing. i can tell you tho the interior does look a little cheaper than the accord. the seats are very comfortable and it holds you in place nicely. the best of this car is the silky smooth transmission. shifting is actually VERY enjoyable in this car.

overall i like both cars. they both have their ups and downs which any car you buy will have.

· Banned
3,454 Posts
DC503 said:
Yeah, I'm surprised at how little I see Type-S models.
I wonder why I always freak out when I see an un-familiar RSX-S driving on the road. I always wanna see who they are and what they have done to the car.

Its strange...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.