Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your takes on one? i will deff need one when i head to the track, and for safety reasons on the street (i'v had a couple of shakes and you almost shit your pants)... I was thinking between the ohlins piston type, GPR, and Scotts....I kinda wanted to stay away from GPR because of the adjustability isnt very broad...between 3 and 4 its stiff and nothing...my roomate has it on his SV.

But i heard Scotts has a bigger adjustability range...

any inputs are welcome:noes:

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for track and street i can understand why i would want to adjust it...is the ohlins adjustable?

8,021 Posts
for track and street i can understand why i would want to adjust it...is the ohlins adjustable?

yeah...there are like 18 settings or so. Theres a knob on the end of the damper that stiffens and loosens it. Once you get your settings down, you dont really ever touch it again. Only time you might really touch is when youre just getting used to it and when you go from street to track. Personally, mine is set 3 from the stiffest. I know its too stiff for some but I feel more comfortable like that

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
k i wanted to know about that...cuz the gpr has 1-6...and lol well its either stiff or not

8,021 Posts
lol...its a pain in the ass when youre just walking the bike or trying to do a u-turn

Did you decide on teh piston type or the other one?

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
I'd go with a rotary type, bc it's more crash friendly. I have the Scott's, but mainly bc you can transfer it from bike to bike in a matter of seconds.

The adjustablity is a double edged sword if you don't know what you're doing. I wouldnt say it would harm you, but it probably wouldnt work to it's fullest potential, if that makes sense?

8,021 Posts
I'd go with a rotary type, bc it's more crash friendly. I have the Scott's, but mainly bc you can transfer it from bike to bike in a matter of seconds.

The adjustablity is a double edged sword if you don't know what you're doing. I wouldnt say it would harm you, but it probably wouldnt work to it's fullest potential, if that makes sense?
just dont crash :weeeeeeeeee: lol jk

But yeah...the rotary is less likely to break in a crash but if you crash with teh bike upside down and breaking the piston dampers, you have a lot more to worry about than fixing the damper

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

good call on the crash thing...hmmm my friend just bought an 03 r6 with the scotts rotary...i think if decided on the rotary...thanks guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.