Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my friend has a 07 civic si and i have the 06 types and i gotta say the si is a much nicer car mebe not look wise but everything else comes will better tires, lsd, less cabin noise~~!!!, mp3, digital gauge, and feels more solid. i regret buying my types over this. so what do u guy think i should do my types only has 9500 miles on it. and trade in value is 21,500 where a si cost 21,000 do u think i can do a straight up trade with a dealer? :eek:

·
2005 Evo VIII MR
1,311 Posts
They're gonna wanna make a profit off of it, so I doubt they will give you the full trade-in value.

·
'S' on my chest
4,735 Posts
Rest assured you will get the short end of the stick. One of two things will probably happen, you will either (a) get an awesome trade-in on your RSX and get boned on the Si or (b) you will get shafted on your Type S and get the Civic Si for a few hundred dollars above invoice. If you have money to throw away just trade it in and take the lump. If you don't, then try to sell it private party or just keep it.

·
135i Coupe Owner!
7,962 Posts
well my friend has a 07 civic si and i have the 06 types and i gotta say the si is a much nicer car mebe not look wise but everything else comes will better tires, lsd, less cabin noise~~!!!, mp3, digital gauge, and feels more solid. i regret buying my types over this. so what do u guy think i should do my types only has 9500 miles on it. and trade in value is 21,500 where a si cost 21,000 do u think i can do a straight up trade with a dealer? :eek:
better tires? they'll be changed
lsd? yeah, i guess its 1 less thing you have to add to your car when modifying, but youre already modifying so its not that big of a deal
less cabin noise? can also be fixed with proper sound deadening, but thats obviously optional
mp3? i take it youre not an audio guy.. stock system ftl!
digital gauge, its really preference, i prefer the rsx gauges either way
solid, thats obviously a plus if thats the way it feels for you. i haven't driven an si so i wouldn't know..

trade value 21,5? who would actually give you that much.. i doubt you could resell your rsx to private party for even 20. 21,000 is before taxes and licensing, you'll never get a straight trade

·
FDA Approved
668 Posts
better tires? they'll be changed
lsd? yeah, i guess its 1 less thing you have to add to your car when modifying, but youre already modifying so its not that big of a deal
less cabin noise? can also be fixed with proper sound deadening, but thats obviously optional
mp3? i take it youre not an audio guy.. stock system ftl!
digital gauge, its really preference, i prefer the rsx gauges either way
solid, thats obviously a plus if thats the way it feels for you. i haven't driven an si so i wouldn't know..

trade value 21,5? who would actually give you that much.. i doubt you could resell your rsx to private party for even 20. 21,000 is before taxes and licensing, you'll never get a straight trade
There are also more advanced safety features on the Civic than the RSX. The safety would be worth it.

·
135i Coupe Owner!
7,962 Posts
eh im convinced with acura's safety as it is, but if its better then thats always nice

·
FDA Approved
668 Posts
eh im convinced with acura's safety as it is, but if its better then thats always nice
The major upgrade are the side curtain air bags. They'll keep your head from smashing into the glass from a side crash.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Keep your car man, what's the point in going thru all the hassle just to get a Civic SI? Unless your finance rates are very unfavorable, there's no point, just mod the acura a little. As cars age, of course the grass will be greener on the other side.....sometimes you just have to be proud of the decisions you make.:coffee:

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
You know what? I thought about the same thing. Also, you forgot stock navi. :p
Anyway, I thought about it and... the new civic si is just... not as nice looking exterior wise on the outside. The rsx looks more of a sports car while the civic... well, it's a civic. :dontknow:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I wouldnt spend no more than 16k on a really nice economical car. If you are planning to get it cause the features do as you wish but I wouldn't trade the rsx. I have driven one and was so attached which is why im purchasing one within the next week, its just like the old integra but with newer interface. It brings me back.

I feel like its almost downgrading. but we all have our own taste and what we like. To each their own. I will never own a civic.

There are also more advanced safety features on the Civic than the RSX. The safety would be worth it.
You keep raving on about the SI, why dont you trade your low model IS for one, then gtfo this board, and join a civic forum :] good game for your is250. :stfu:

Motto of the day: Go big or Go home.

p.s. why are you still here? :dontknow:

·
FDA Approved
668 Posts
I wouldnt spend no more than 16k on a really nice economical car. If you are planning to get it cause the features do as you wish but I wouldn't trade the rsx. I have driven one and was so attached which is why im purchasing one within the next week, its just like the old integra but with newer interface. It brings me back.

I feel like its almost downgrading. but we all have our own taste and what we like. To each their own. I will never own a civic.

You keep raving on about the SI, why dont you trade your low model IS for one, then gtfo this board, and join a civic forum :] good game for your is250. :stfu:

Motto of the day: Go big or Go home.

p.s. why are you still here? :dontknow:
The IS has more safety features than the Civic. Otherwise, I would've gotten rid of my old RSX for the new Civic. I had a RSX for 4 years. I stick around to share my years of RSX devotion and contribute sound advice. And you guys entertain me. Can I get some love here? :love:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts