Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
That Guy
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for an '06 Type-S for about a month now with no luck. When I do find one from a private seller, it's sold by the time I get to it.

I found this '06 Type-S offered at $19,995 with 29K miles on it.

I offered $18,050 and they countered with $18,900.

Tax, Tag, and Title, out the door at $20,700

I REALLY wanted it in white, but I don't think I'm gonna find one. Been extremely difficult even searching within 200 miles.

What do you guys think?

Report Run Date: 08/18/2008
VIN: JH4DC53076S020887 2006 Acura RSX S

Event Date Event Location Odometer Reading Data Source Event Detail
09/13/2006 CLARKSVILLE, TN 6 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:75046302)
09/13/2006 CLARKSVILLE, TN Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
10/16/2007 JACKSONVILLE, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
01/11/2008 CLARKSVILLE, TN Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:86066422)
01/11/2008 CLARKSVILLE, TN Motor Vehicle Dept. DUPLICATE TITLE
04/22/2008 DAYTONA BEACH, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
07/28/2008 FL 29778 Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
07/28/2008 FL 29778 Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS FLEET/LEASE

·
eprimpk4l
941 Posts
thought it was private. for dealer try to talk them down more, i got my 06 white for 20600 out the door with 19k miles on it. usually you can talk some more down by putting more money down, for me i put 6k dowe

edit: that still a good deal it even has aspec body kit

·
That Guy
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thought it was private. for dealer try to talk them down more, i got my 06 white for 20600 out the door with 19k miles on it. usually you can talk some more down by putting more money down, for me i put 6k dowe

edit: that still a good deal it even has aspec body kit
Yeah, it's a dealer. The dealer is in Orlando, and I'm here in S. Fla. Would have to take the trip up.

I notice the carfax says "Fleet and/or lease record reported" and "Auction announced as "Fleet/Lease"

Anything to be concerned with?

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
I would wait until you get the color you wanted or else you will probably always regret it. Unless you want the black inerior and you can just paint it white later.

·
That Guy
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would wait until you get the color you wanted or else you will probably always regret it. Unless you want the black inerior and you can just paint it white later.
Definitely love the black interior. I guess that's why I haven't seen a White one with black guts huh? Wasn't an option?

Noob.

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
Definitely love the black interior. I guess that's why I haven't seen a White one with black guts huh? Wasn't an option?

Noob.
Unless you live in canada, or anywhere that sells a type-r.

Other than that, they never sold the white model with black interior. White was my first choice too but it didn't come with black so meh.

·
06NBPDC5
187 Posts
yeah bro for sure thats a sick car not sure if you are super dedicated to white but that things already got foglights and aspec kit looks like and AEM V2. it already has over a grand vested in it with just those mods that type S with 29K looks in good condition for 20k sounds good to me

·
HT haterzz
3,990 Posts
Looks clean. I bought mine for 17900 otd but it had a dented back bumper, and curbed rims. Also no intake and it also had the A-Spec lip kit but 20k miles.

·
My Girl.
266 Posts
When I was shopping for a white type-s and didn't find anything except my current ABP-S, i was bummed. But I've come to like the color because you don't find a lot of blue type-s rsx's anymore.

White is over played.

2 Cents.

·
Registered
648 Posts
its a fair deal aspec kit without the wing is sick as long as its dropped so it will save you some money unless you want to go mugen go for 20k otd

·
Chįlläxn
1,620 Posts
im thinkin about just buying it from a stealership too! how much would you put as a downpayment? i need to know because i don't feel like putting downpayment because school is about to start. im wonderin if i could still get approved w/o down. X_X

·
coolkid
216 Posts
blue is really nice. i wanted a black one but came across a blue one exactly like this. 50xxx miles for 15000. just keep looking, youll find one.

·
Murderator
23,101 Posts
Sounds pretty good.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
The fact that they are even allowing a lower offer is amazing.

That blue is so sexy too, I'd scoop it up with the low miles, it's going to be hard to find another is such nice condition.

·
YUMADTHO
5,261 Posts
i'd try and talk them down a bit...you could play the modded angle, because from the looks of the pictures the car already has front/rear lips, SRI and exhaust, so who knows what else it has.

as they say, modding your car typically devalues it

1 - 20 of 43 Posts