Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first fully car own by me was the 2003 RSX-S. Got married, got a 4 months old baby and it was the 2013 RDX for the wifey.

I've been looking for a two door for myself and so far, nothing out there impresses me. The Lexus IS was too soft and disconnected for me. No road feedback, feel claustrophobic inside. The Nissan 370z still doesn't do it. Drove the Scion FRS, felt too old for it and too teeny bopperish, I'm in my late 20s now. No more fast and furious scenes like back in my early 20s anymore. No, I never like BMW.

If Honda doesn't come out with any sport coupe by 2016, then this is the car I might get. I hope it's around $30k-$40k. Wifey is also a Lexus fan.

I love it, seem to fit the demographic I'm in. Slick, sexy and the same time classy.

Look at this ass, so sexy!!!

·
Because STIGCAR
1,000 Posts
Never been a Lexus fan, but props to them for making a coupe and not ANOTHER sedan. I've always thought they were all too soft. Like you said the IS is/was awful.

Save. Then pay and play. This will be my next coupe (color not withstanding).

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I still don't like this one. Its proportions are better than the previous IS-C or whatever it was called, but the headlights have a weird shape (and not in a weird but cool way like on the sedan), the spindle front end looks too wide at the bottom (kind of like a Bissel vacuum cleaner) and the roofline doesn't quite fit the car. While its design cues are totally Lexus, its side view reminds me too much of an Accord Coupe.

It's not a bad overall package, but if it were me, I'd have a hard time justifying paying whatever it costs (likely to be north of $40k), especially when the motor is basically unchanged since 2006. It might be a smooth motor, but it's not the type of gem that is so good that it doesn't need any updates.

·
#BUCN
5,673 Posts
Also save more and get the 911 not the caymen
why? so you can have the "biggest porsche" in the stable? the one that has been proven to have subpar weight distribution?

Almost every expert review I have read say the Cayman S is the better driver's car of the two. The thing weighs next to nothing compared to the 911.

The new cayman is what the 911 once was.

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,195 Posts
maybe he just means raw go-kart like driving feel.

anyways, my coworker traded in his 1st gen Type S and went for a Hyundai Genesis Coupe... the big 6-cyl one. He said it feels like the big brother to his old RSX.

However, my vote would be for an FR-S. Or maybe a Focus ST. Reason being you can actually drive 10/10ths of its ability on the street, unlike many attractive offerings out there, like M3's, etc. Only a handful of us ever actually take our cars to the track (me included, er, excluded (I haven't been yet)), so many a' sports coupe will leave us feeling wanting and cheated because we hardly get to see its limits, which is one of the most fun parts to learn about a car. Just some food for thought. Which might also be why they make sports coupes more and more cushy because people are just driving them to commute to work, etc.

·
Are you 20/20?
3,930 Posts
That's a hella nice interior. The first thing that caught my eye was the analog clock mounted in the middle. Love it.

As far as exterior styling goes, it's a hit or miss with most people. I still think that from the side, it looks like a Corolla.

·
.♥
10,295 Posts
Yeah it's nice, but it belongs in a sedan with the color pallet and the styling. Most modern cars are actually styled very conservatively and quite frankly either boring or too out there with their random designs. Ford Focus for example has such a disgusting interior, I can't stand to look at it.

Design is too subjective to really put any value judgement on it. Personally I like the MKIV Supra, S14, S15, RX7, RX8, WRX, BRZ, EVO, etc etc....

I mostly prefer Japanese coupe designs, but some sedans are nice too. I don't really know why people are arguing about this, it's pretty stupid.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts