Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did you buy after getting rid of your RSX and why? I enjoy my rsx but find it just doesn't seem to fit my needs compare to 5 years ago.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I got a CPO 2005 Audi S4 last week. Got 15.5 K on the trade for the RSX-S. Not bad considering I had the left rear quarter panel replaced and it was modded. They never even mentioned it. It was super clean inside, outside, and engine bay too. The S4 rocks, I'm glad I got it. I test drove the 350Z, R32, Sti, Bullett...all new. I could have bought any of them. But I liked the S4 better, even used. Gas guzzling cars are not selling...there are great deals to be had out there!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I picked up a mkiv supra. Bought it because of its great looks, rarity and modability. My only regret is not buying a supra sooner. The rsx-s is a nice little peppy car but I should have spent my money on a supra to begin with.

·
no vtec for you !
5,442 Posts
08 eclipse S.E and have a jeep wrangler X

any ways im both happy with my car i know alot of people dont like the eclipse but i love it for some reason any ways i got my 4x4 and my fun car also so yea

·
-
8,935 Posts
I got 135i. I enjoyed RSX-S, but 135i is just a better car.
Im thinking about that car as well

I traded in my type S for an 08 accord, but im tired of it already.

I think its going to be the 135i, possibly the IS250... not sure yet

·
Master Member
7,358 Posts
e46 m3.

i love my m to death...but something about the hooliganism that I caused ripping around with my BCRH and BC Spec III exhaust that I miss. The only thing that sounded even remotely close to me in terms of pitch and shear volume was a sportbike with a slip on exhaust at WOT. no lies.

but...im happy with my decision. Have my exhaust coming late this week/early next week for the M. Also having a CSL bootlid put on as we speak. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
enjoy those service intervals. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
What service intervals?

I change the oil in mine every 3k miles...as I've done with all my cars. Transmission oil and brake fluid flush every 2 years preventative maintenance as I've done with my other cars. The only thing different is changing the center and front diff fluid every 2 years...just got it done for 110 bucks including fluid and labor for the entire drivetrain fluid replaced.

The only major service is at around 60k miles changing the water pump and timing belt, but that job is typically easier (and cheaper) than valve adjustments during Inspection II for your M3

·
Registered
246 Posts
Luckily I didn't make the mistake of buying an RSX...so that saved me a lot of money and boredom. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Maybe he's talking about the brembo's that cost around $900 to replace when they wear. :dontknow: That's kind of expensive....OR if you actually race your car, the fried/blown clutch.
Where'd you get 900 dollars out of?

Caliper rarely have to be replaced due to wear. Evo brake pads are marginally more expensive than RSX's, and rotors can be turned. The price difference is negligible unless you need to swap out the calipers. Clutch replacement on the evo is the same as clutch replacement on any other car.

·
Banned
313 Posts
e46 m3.

i love my m to death...but something about the hooliganism that I caused ripping around with my BCRH and BC Spec III exhaust that I miss. The only thing that sounded even remotely close to me in terms of pitch and shear volume was a sportbike with a slip on exhaust at WOT. no lies.

but...im happy with my decision. Have my exhaust coming late this week/early next week for the M. Also having a CSL bootlid put on as we speak. :thumbsup:
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Where'd you get 900 dollars out of?

Caliper rarely have to be replaced due to wear. Evo brake pads are marginally more expensive than RSX's, and rotors can be turned. The price difference is negligible unless you need to swap out the calipers. Clutch replacement on the evo is the same as clutch replacement on any other car.
Read this first page and what happened to the evo within its first 25k miles. You would think Mitsubishi would give a magazine a quality car to test. It lists the brakes w/labor costing $900+ and the clutch replacement with labor at over $1500+.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...shi_lancer_evolution_viii_long_term_road_test

A lot of people may be able to handle a brake job, but not a clutch install on something like an evo.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts