Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i just got a McCulloch HID kit and i am looking around the engine bay for mounting locations. Anyone with this kit find a good location? I had other hid kits before that i could mount under the headlight, but with the bolt hole configurations of this kit, i don't think it would work. Any suggestions please.

·
Overlord
106 Posts
chiller said:
Hey, i just got a McCulloch HID kit and i am looking around the engine bay for mounting locations. Anyone with this kit find a good location? I had other hid kits before that i could mount under the headlight, but with the bolt hole configurations of this kit, i don't think it would work. Any suggestions please.
you could try to take off your bumper i believe that there are some pre drilled holes in the frame of the car you might be able to use that area, it should be on both sides too. also if you put them there they would be harder to get to if someone tries to get to the box.

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
i cant describe the one for the left but the one on the rihgt i mounted on the side ofthe battery

·
trunk monkey
6,180 Posts
i just used the double sided tape and then i screwed them into one hole on the bottom of the headlights.

·
Honda Sucks! Acura Rules!
785 Posts
I mount mine at either side of the shock towers

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just 1 screw holding it to the bottom of the headlights? That seems kinda risky.

Moto, where on the shock towers are they mounted? Are they mounted on the shock towers that face inward of the engine bay, or outward.

·
trunk monkey
6,180 Posts
trust me it's in there REAL tight. The ballast isn't big enough for more than one screw and i got the largest screw i could find that would fit in there, that alone would keep it in there. What would make it come out?? I also used a power drill to make sure it was in tight.

·
785 Posts
chiller said:
Just 1 screw holding it to the bottom of the headlights? That seems kinda risky.

Moto, where on the shock towers are they mounted? Are they mounted on the shock towers that face inward of the engine bay, or outward.
They're mounted on the outside. Here's a couple of pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the pics. Any worry about water damage? How long have you had the kit in there for? Any problems? Thanks again.

·
785 Posts
No problem with water at all and we had some pretty good rain storms lately. They've been in the car for about a month now.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm...im still weary about water getting to it. But i guess it is a waterproof casing.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Moto said:
They're mounted on the outside. Here's a couple of pics:

i used the same place for mounting..and i had it there for almost 2 years and no problems..plus mcculloh's are built nice and you dont have to worry about water gettin in there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts