Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boostin Baby!!!!!
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after sending the turbo back to Turbonetics for a rebuild and them sending it back, I got my car put back together last night and I have an oil leak. It is coming out of the fittings on the oil sending unit. So I have to take them off today and fix them. I bought some High Temperature Thread Sealant to put on those fittings for the oil sending unit. Anyone have any suggestions on using this stuff?? I know not to use the teflon tape but this is suppose to be different.

Thanks

Linda

·
Boostin Baby!!!!!
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? Wouldn't that be the same as Teflon tape....the way it peels off and can possibly be sucked in through the system?

·
I love Audi Junkie!!!
3,804 Posts
RSX-S Chic said:
Well after sending the turbo back to Turbonetics for a rebuild and them sending it back, I got my car put back together last night and I have an oil leak. It is coming out of the fittings on the oil sending unit. So I have to take them off today and fix them. I bought some High Temperature Thread Sealant to put on those fittings for the oil sending unit. Anyone have any suggestions on using this stuff?? I know not to use the teflon tape but this is suppose to be different.

Thanks

Linda
ANYTHING you apply to the oil fitting, can come loose and fall into the oil, and potentialy block off the oil journals, finally starving the bearing for oil, which will destroy that turbo in no time. This is why you are not suppossed to apply sort of sealant to the system... All you can do is tighten down everything really well. You may end up having to replace the fitting that feeds into the turbo cartridge itself, with a fresh one which has never been used.

Good luck,
JMS

·
Boostifed
4,828 Posts
u dont put the stuff on the tip of the threads but more toward the back so when u screw it in most of the sutff in on the back of the threads and not up front where it can go in to the motor

·
Boostin Baby!!!!!
593 Posts
JMShipp2 said:
ANYTHING you apply to the oil fitting, can come loose and fall into the oil, and potentialy block off the oil journals, finally starving the bearing for oil, which will destroy that turbo in no time. This is why you are not suppossed to apply sort of sealant to the system... All you can do is tighten down everything really well. You may end up having to replace the fitting that feeds into the turbo cartridge itself, with a fresh one which has never been used.

Good luck,
JMS
I know that all to well. Just got turbo back for that problem. Thanks for the information.

Linda

1 - 6 of 6 Posts