Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with the arrival of the k pro and its potential for both n'a and s'c applications i was wondering whether or not the k pro could be used to tune for say toda individual throttle bodies

the toda site refers to dedicated engine management unit etc

could this be the n'a holy grail?

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
alanb said:
with the arrival of the k pro and its potential for both n'a and s'c applications i was wondering whether or not the k pro could be used to tune for say toda individual throttle bodies

the toda site refers to dedicated engine management unit etc

could this be the n'a holy grail?
I can't think of any reason as to why it would not be able to work together with the Toda ITBS, or any ITBs for that matter.

From what I can collect, the reason it is necessary to run a Programmable ECU with the ITBs is due the changes in air/fuel characteristics and manifold absolute pressure. Since the K-Pro allows the user to totally control these parameters it should work.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx bigdawg-this must open up a whole new tuning potential for us n'a junkies

:)

personally i believe toda itbs plus high compression kit plus hondata k pro (togther with the spec a cams and manifold i already have) could be awesome and be the ultimate n'a solution

whos gonna go first :)

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
I hear you man. I know that I will definitely not run more than 11.5:1 compression (be it ITR or Wiseco pistons) on the street since pump gas only goes up to 93 octane (really the highest you can get in the states from a station) where I live. Of course you can run higher, but then you need to retard the timing to compensate.

I love the idea of running ITBs, which is part of the reason why my next mod will be the K-Pro. After this I plan on installing the new cams that Toda offers here in the states then going from there.

There is a world of possibilities out there with a streetable NA engine. I can't wait to see what happens in the future with the K-series. Good luck to you Alan, I know that you have done well with the mods on your CTR and am excited about seeing what you, and everyone else for that matter, are doing next.

By the way, read the thread I started on the K20A crank pulley in the NA section. I believe there is some potential gains to be proven from running the smaller, lightweight pulley that comes on that engine versus what is on our K20A2s. I plan on checking this out. I encourage anyone with the nuts to test untouched areas to do the same.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
Will it work, yes it probably will. The only way to know for sure is for someone to try it for the first time and as soon as Toda has the ITB, I am sure they will drive down to Hondata and test it out.

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
slowdelsol has itb's already with k-pro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts