Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve been wanting to clean up the bay of my 04 Type S but I’m having trouble disconnecting the cables from the throttle body. I can’t seem to get enough leverage to undo the pins holding them in. If anyone has any photos or can tell me step by step as to how to disconnect them please let me know, thanks

·
Past Driver’s Ed
535 Posts
So I’ve been wanting to clean up the bay of my 04 Type S but I’m having trouble disconnecting the cables from the throttle body. I can’t seem to get enough leverage to undo the pins holding them in. If anyone has any photos or can tell me step by step as to how to disconnect them please let me know, thanks
At the end of the cables near the throttle body you will find nuts that are used to adjust the cable end play. Back them off. Then rotate the throttle body by hand to the full open position. There will be enough slack in the cables that can slide out the cable pins by hand. No tools needed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the end of the cables near the throttle body you will find nuts that are used to adjust the cable end play. Back them off. Then rotate the throttle body by hand to the full open position. There will be enough slack in the cables that can slide out the cable pins by hand. No tools needed.
I loosened up the bolts that are connected to the harness and I am having trouble rotating the throttle body enough to where I can undo the pins, is there any other way for me to rotate the throttle body?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts