Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shouldn't have even pulled over..

but this cop honks at me in his chrystler and he shows me his badge..
pulls me over for cutting him off... wreckless driving? not even careless . i forgot..

anyways
He takes my driver's license, comes back within a minute..
and he didnt even ask for my insurance paper or anythin..

does not explain what kind, does not tell me how much..
and he also tells me he got my friend's license plate too
The cop tells me that me and my friend will be getting a tickt by mail..

is it really possible to get a ticket like that by mail?
or does it have to be in person?

I know i've discussed this with crsx people at today's wed. meet!
but it does really bother me!

if any information on this kind of situation. please help !

·
My RICE goes PSHHHH
66,285 Posts
Yes I confirmed it, they can send us a summons to go to court, but its easy to fight.

·
Hello World
6,338 Posts
A cop once drove to my apartment, and gave my g/f my ticket. :shady:

My court date is next month, been over a year. :laughing:

·
Om Nom Nom
3,818 Posts
Is that why you were driving 100 in the fast lane on the way home last night? LOL

keep us posted man, i doubt they'll send anything to you, and if they do, it will be easy to fight. don't worry bro!

·
fucks.given =< 0;
3,773 Posts
Yes you must get served the ticket for it to be liable.

But ya I've had the same thing happen to me. I was on the bike taking some nice corners when this cop pulls up next to me in his personal vehicle showing me his badge pointing for me to pull over. He had his kid in the car. I laughed, flipped my plate and took off. As if I'm gonna pull over for an off duty cop. :finger:

·
Boost > Vacuum
2,271 Posts

But ya I've had the same thing happen to me. I was on the bike taking some nice corners when this cop pulls up next to me in his personal vehicle showing me his badge pointing for me to pull over. He had his kid in the car. I laughed, flipped my plate and took off. As if I'm gonna pull over for an off duty cop. :finger:
+ rep

Plate flip FTW! :thumbsup:

·
Boost > Vacuum
2,271 Posts
Did you sell your bike yet? I need to call you after work btw. Around 4ish
couple calls but I've been busy. I just posted it for a high price. if I sell it, I'll get an RR next spring. if not, no big deal.

ok, talk to you then

·
Yup, I am sloooooow.....
308 Posts
I shouldn't have even pulled over..

but this cop honks at me in his chrystler and he shows me his badge..
pulls me over for cutting him off... wreckless driving? not even careless . i forgot..

anyways
He takes my driver's license, comes back within a minute..
and he didnt even ask for my insurance paper or anythin..

does not explain what kind, does not tell me how much..
and he also tells me he got my friend's license plate too
The cop tells me that me and my friend will be getting a tickt by mail..

is it really possible to get a ticket like that by mail?
or does it have to be in person?

I know i've discussed this with crsx people at today's wed. meet!
but it does really bother me!

if any information on this kind of situation. please help !
I don't remember we cut him off. Did you guys cut him off before I caught up to you? He showed his badge next to me but didn't say anything to me. So, I keep driving. :dontknow:

Don't worry. It would be easy to fight if you do get a ticket in mail.

Need a new mod, motorized plate flipper. :p

·
Hello World
6,338 Posts
meaning, he has to come me and give the ticket to me in person?
No, my apartment was fairly close by so he drove to it. As stated above, they can mail you a ticket.

The problem is, they can't prove who was driving the vehicle. But you have to be able to prove you were not driving the vehicle.

My court date is next month lol.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
A cop once drove to my apartment, and gave my g/f my ticket. :shady:

My court date is next month, been over a year. :laughing:
Put forth a motion for delay of justice. Under the Charter, we are entitled to a fair trial in a resonable period of time. Most JP's feel that any trial date 12 months past the issued date is not considered a reasonable time frame.

Your defense will be around the emotional stress etc. resulting from the 12 month wait time.

·
Hello World
6,338 Posts
Put forth a motion for delay of justice. Under the Charter, we are entitled to a fair trial in a resonable period of time. Most JP's feel that any trial date 12 months past the issued date is not considered a reasonable time frame.

Your defense will be around the emotional stress etc. resulting from the 12 month wait time.
Easier said than done. Apparently this is now laughed at in court if you even bring it up.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
Easier said than done. Apparently this is now laughed at in court if you even bring it up.
Says who? I've had 2 tickets dismissed in the past 2 years. It depends on the JP.

If you lose the Charter motion you proceed to trial. Which is what would happen anyways if you didn't try it. Unless you were hoping for a reduce charged by pleading guilty.

·
Hello World
6,338 Posts
Says who? I've had 2 tickets dismissed in the past 2 years. It depends on the JP.

If you lose the Charter motion you proceed to trial. Which is what would happen anyways if you didn't try it. Unless you were hoping for a reduce charged by pleading guilty.
I'm fighting the ticket.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts