Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I woke up this morning to 2 parking tickets on my car. The first one I will contest and get out of. It was for expired tags on my plates. Well, I did the online renewal for IL and I just haven't gotten the tags yet. I have the printout receipt that says I have paid the $78 to renew them so that is just an annoyance for me. What pisses me off is the fact that the other is for no front plate. I just want to send a letter in saying "I don't have a front plate on my car because it looks stupid with it on there."

What do you think? Is that a good enough reason and will they let me out of the ticket? lol (I wish). Damn Chicago cops, go arrest someone who is breaking the law, not a stupid ordinance.

One good thing, I guess. This is the first ticket of any kind I have gotten on that car and I have had it for just over 2 years. argh!!!

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
You could try to contest the front plate ticket by saying something like, "it was in my front window on the dash" or "My front plate mounting bracket broke and a new one is comign in the mail"

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Yeah, I guess I am a little lucky about the price of tags here in IL. maybe I will try going with the "my mounting bracket broke and it is taking a while to come in because Acura is discontining the RSX and they are hard to find."
good one :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
wow that must have been one bored cop if your car was parked and he gave you a ticket..... sucks.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Yeah, I guess I am a little lucky about the price of tags here in IL. maybe I will try going with the "my mounting bracket broke and it is taking a while to come in because Acura is discontining the RSX and they are hard to find."
don't embellish too much, you'll sound like a d-bag and they'll give you a ticket for that too...

·
Always Brave
67,134 Posts
So I woke up this morning to 2 parking tickets on my car. The first one I will contest and get out of. It was for expired tags on my plates. Well, I did the online renewal for IL and I just haven't gotten the tags yet. I have the printout receipt that says I have paid the $78 to renew them so that is just an annoyance for me. What pisses me off is the fact that the other is for no front plate. I just want to send a letter in saying "I don't have a front plate on my car because it looks stupid with it on there."

What do you think? Is that a good enough reason and will they let me out of the ticket? lol (I wish). Damn Chicago cops, go arrest someone who is breaking the law, not a stupid ordinance.

One good thing, I guess. This is the first ticket of any kind I have gotten on that car and I have had it for just over 2 years. argh!!!
lol @ no front plate cause it looks stupid. Who gives a shit, the law is the law and you'll get ticketed for it if you don't.

There are cops who are only there to give tickets, grow up.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
lol @ no front plate cause it looks stupid. Who gives a shit, the law is the law and you'll get ticketed for it if you don't.

There are cops who are only there to give tickets, grow up.
yeah but when my uncle was driving onto the AFB with his CTS-V and the guy told him he couldn't come on to base w/o a front plate cause it was law...

THAT was funny. My uncle is a retired marine, civil servant who has worked for the government for over 35 years on the AFB. Every day with no plate... and this guy wanted him to drill holes in the bumper of his 55K caddy... ha ha.

Needless to say, the law is the law but doesn't apply to certain people. :laughing:

·
Always Brave
67,134 Posts
yeah but when my uncle was driving onto the AFB with his CTS-V and the guy told him he couldn't come on to base w/o a front plate cause it was law...

THAT was funny. My uncle is a retired marine, civil servant who has worked for the government for over 35 years on the AFB. Every day with no plate... and this guy wanted him to drill holes in the bumper of his 55K caddy... ha ha.

Needless to say, the law is the law but doesn't apply to certain people. :laughing:
Yeah, to some it doesn't apply for whatever reason, thread starter isn't one of those people.

Ohhhh 55k, that's a lot :shakehead Your uncle should have known better. Of course he prolly thought he was too important to need a front plate just like the rest of the people in ill.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Yeah, to some it doesn't apply for whatever reason, thread starter isn't one of those people.

Ohhhh 55k, that's a lot :shakehead Your uncle should have known better. Of course he prolly thought he was too important to need a front plate just like the rest of the people in ill.
Why should he have known better? Yes. He did have a tendancy to think he was 'special' and ya know, in this case, he actually was. He never did put a plate on and mentioned it to the right person and was never hastled about it again.

but this was in Ohio not el-a-noy.

and yea, TS, put a front plate on your car... if you're worried about your bumper be creative and put some kinda padding or something on the plate holder so it doesnt screw up your paint.

finally, take yourself out of your avy. There are hardly any girls on this site and nobody cares what you look like. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wait, you got those tickets when you car was parked and were not driving it?
Yes, they are not moving violations.

I didn't mean to get people all worked up about this. I was just stating that I think it is stupid, and in the city of Chicago, there are a lot better things the cops could be doing then writing tickets for no front plate.

I just put the plate/bracket on and it does look so funky. I need to get some kind of foam padding to put around the edges of the bracket because it doesn't look like it fits properly on the front (and yes it is on correctly). There is a little gap between the bracket and the fender. O well.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts