Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
:)
15,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When going 5-10mph, small ticking noise around front passenger's wheel area. no nail or stuff on tire. Nothing rubbing. Axle seems fine by me and acura. Acura don't know wtf it is. Lugs are tight. small rocks in tire? took wheel off, nothing. when move faster, tick gets louder. Can't hear tick above 15mph.

·
15,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
acura said its my wheel! lol

·
15,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope, clears fine! I found a rock fragment embedded in the tire like a nail, maybe thats it? My brake line bracket on my buddy club was kinda loose, could that be tapping my strut while wheel is moving? i ziptied it so no movement on bracket

·
15,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its storming now, can't test it out

·
VBP- VeryBigPen0r
2,430 Posts
i get a slight squeek squeek squeek sound at 40 mph and 60 mph around that speed it'll speed up in squeeks then go away till it is around 40 or 60 again...
no idea

def something spinning with the wheel.

·
Registered
26,114 Posts
nope, clears fine! I found a rock fragment embedded in the tire like a nail, maybe thats it? My brake line bracket on my buddy club was kinda loose, could that be tapping my strut while wheel is moving? i ziptied it so no movement on bracket
let us know how that works out since you fixed those two..., hmm thats a real toughy, lol

·
Zooey :)
521 Posts
i get a slight squeek squeek squeek sound at 40 mph and 60 mph around that speed it'll speed up in squeeks then go away till it is around 40 or 60 again...
no idea

def something spinning with the wheel.
try pushing your dust shield back away from the rotor.

·
Registered
241 Posts
That sounds like it definitely has to be something stuck in the tire, those symptoms are very characteristic of that type of situation. As far as what "AznClubRSX" said, about the squeaking, that could be your brake pads rubbing the rotor. Mine used to do that and I found that it was caused by the brake pads rubbing against the part of the rotor in the middle where the rust will usually start to build up. I got them resurfaced to solve the problem, eventually I just got new rotors.

·
15,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
problem solved, no tick anymore! there was rock inside the tire like a nail, not in the tread of tire. I had to pull wheel off and look closely, and use a flathead to pry it out, it was deep !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts