Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
iT's ThE vTeC mAfIa Yo!
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
watsup guys. ive been having this ticking noise coming from my engine. there are 2 noises, one is my p/s pulley, the other im not sure, but tis a definate ticking. it speeds up with rpm. i cant tell if it still ticks at high rpm because of the motor noise. i am worried about the valves beeing out of spec, but, if they were tapping, wouldnt i have a l;oss of power and bad mileage. Car has lots of power and the mileage is pretty good around 20 with me ripping on it oocasionally. the mileage tho is inacurrate, because when i bought the car the filter on the SRI was DIRTY like you wouldnt believe. I finally got a nice new one and put it on this weekend so im currently figuring mileage, but it seems pretty good. I have 170 at just above half tank, before with the dirty filter it was alot less at the same point. anyone know how i can diagnose the noise? i read something about the injectors making this noise when i searched, but it was vague. also, anyone have a diy on checking the valves and adjusting them? also if there is anything else i should check let me know

·
Knows he can't spell
563 Posts
thanks all when I did my CAI install i really listened the the engine with the hood open and heard ticking. Since the car was new I wasn't sure if it was normal.

·
Godzilla 4 Rilla Crew #5
7,979 Posts
I have the same problem. I can only hear it at idle, its a loud ticking sound. I really noticed it when I installed my DCRH. I have yet to figure out what it is.

·
Registered
347 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts