Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its time to get an aftermarket clutch but, im having a hard time decide what good for a sc car. so any feedback or opinions will be appreciated. also what are u guys running.

·
Q8 fastest SC CTR
857 Posts
just changed from stock clutch to CC stage 4 , great clutch.

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
exedy stage 2 cerametallic, it's a little easier to live with than the cc stage 4... although i think jpslick said he drove someones car with the exedy stage 2 and it was stiffer than his cc stage 4 :dontknow:. the exedy stage 2 cerametallic design is more resistant to wear from someone trying to slip the clutch due to more overall surface area to clamp. i'm sure both are just as durable as the other as far as reinforcement goes for hard engagements. the act stage 2 will blow your master cylinder fast from the increased pressure over the others. although you should probably replace your cmc with the em2 model anyway.

·
Meth Blow Speed = my life
7,078 Posts
well, im leaning towards the cc stg 4. since most people have good input so far.
it is a good clutch. You will need tool upgrade your Clutch Master Cylinder (CMC) though. And if you have a lightweight flywheel you will notice your transmission wanting to "chatter" when you try and feather this clutch. Nothing to worry about...just a heads up. It scared the poo outta me when it first happened to me.

·
:)
15,467 Posts
i am on the stock cmc too...

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
I'm on the stock CMC too with cc stage 4. I thought it was the ACT clutch PP that was the CMC killer round these parts, not the CC ones.
there was a rash of them that started happening with, i would say aftermarket clutches but everyone in the supercharged section uses cc stage 4 :dontknow: *coughbandwagoncough* :laughing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts